Mini Canister Filters?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

cowgirluntamed

Fish Herder
Reaction score
Does anybody know if the mini canister filters would be good for a 5.5 gallon tank for a betta? There's a SunSun hw 603b that I've seen on eBay. I kind of like the idea of not having a sponge filter in a nice display tank that small. The mini canister says it does have a flow control valve too. Anybody know anything about it?

I don't see any issues with this as long as you can turn the flow down for the betta.

I was looking at that one too. Drsfostersmith have one like it but not same brand. Do you know much about it?

My LFS has had 3 on his tanks for 12 months and says they are OK.

10 gallon betta tanks.

Hmm...I found a YouTube review on a 5 gallon tank it was on. Flowwas pushing plants around but it was directed into tank. I'm sure I could figure something out to help with that even if its just drilling more holes in the spray bar to dissipate the water better. Think that could work?

I'm sure I could figure something out to help with that even if its just drilling more holes in the spray bar to dissipate the water better. Think that could work?
Yes drilling holes works

Also if you put a Plastic Ball Valve on the outlet hose you can slow the flow.
http://www.chicompany.net/images/05C07130.jpg

Awesome Nick, thanks! I may give this a try then as I really wanted to save more space for plants! Thanks for the info!
Kristen

My advice would be when you set it up put the intake and outlets on opposite sides of the tank, drill extra holes in your spray bar, experiment a bit and you should be fine.

Nick

Another quick question...if I got the plastic ball valve(might just get it in case I need it!), will I need to change the hoses out to the normal soft vinyl ones or whatever they are? I know some people from reading reviews have changed them out because they didn't like the ones on it. Thanks again!

No idea tbh I just used to hoses I got with the kit, I have cleaned the insides once, Next time I will just replace them, I love ebay.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back