mini-bow 5 and neon tetras

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

skiltrip

Fishaholic
Reaction score
I put together a 37 gallon aquarium not too long ago, and my girlfriend wants neon tetras. I have a lot of tiger barbs and plan on getting some not too aggressive cichlids at some point...

i'm going to get her a mini-bow 5 gallon tank for her office. how many neon tetras can be comfortably fit in a tank this small? what about adding some other tetras possibly? what i'm looking for is a safe number. thanks!

- kip

I would not go with more than 5 or 6 fi you have good filtration and some live plants. don't use the tetras to cycle the tank though as they are not too hardy.

what would be good cycling fish for this little tank? and how many? and finally, how long would it take? not THAT long i would imagine as it's only 5 gallons.

- kip

I would add some feeder fish or platy's or mollies for the cycling. and size of tank does not so much matter for the cycling period. it is a chemical reation that takes place and usually is about 6 weeks athough can be faster if material ie: gravel, decorations, filter etc are added from and already established tank.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back