Mile’s build 20 long thread

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
I have the imagitarium black sand in 2 of my tanks and I quite like it. It's kind of difficult to wash it at first as it likes to float but it didn't take as long to wash as the pool filter sand I have in my 20g did.

What types of plants are you thinking? I love live plants :)

I only asked about the background because having a nice black background on the tank can help the fish and plants stand out more and also prevent reflections on the back of the tank. But this is something you can pretty easily add after the fact if you decide you'd like a background. I used to have black backgrounds on all of my tanks. For a while I only had a handful of fish left after they slowly died over the years and I didn't replace them. Earlier this year I got back into the hobby more and all I could find were the backgrounds with plants and stuff on them.... I don't like it. I really like a black background as it enhances the fish and aquascaping, but I feel like the one I currently have is distracting and doesn't really match my tank.

20 gallon long tank is my second favorite size tank, they are easy to work in and have enought room for many different types of fish so you have many more options. I have one, good choice.

im setting it up! no heater just yet, but it’s coming.
C3396950-1F19-44D8-9E47-AE33851BFB4C.jpeg
78117279-C430-4454-B68B-587AA60DA2C5.jpeg

Heater is up and running. A bit of a mishap took place, and some water spilled. cycling is going ok. i don’t have a power strip so the lights are off.

It's a nice shape tank :wub:
I would have to agree!

on another note, I woke up this morning to a test of 1 ppm Ammonia. or half of what was entered yesterday! as well No nitrites, and some nitrates (Around 7 ppm) This suggests to me that because we have well water, the bacteria Were much more present than expected. so we might just have a cycle that takes a few days!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back