Micropoecilia picta...

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

cute, can the micropoecilia breed with the poecilia?
they really do look like flat guppies

These ones are gorgeous. Love the orange, calico-looking ones. They sort of remind me of mollies if you squashed them down a little.
Well, the do relate a bit to the shape of mollies but slender. Btw, there are slender wild molly strains. They're also related to mollies and guppies. But not close.
Thx
cute, can the micropoecilia breed with the poecilia?
they really do look like flat guppies
All micropoecilia species can breed with poecilia species. But if you keep them in a group where both genders of both species are present, a crossbreed is very unlikely. Once you put the opposite gender of each species in one tank, a cross mating is more likely. Micropoecilia is a subgenus of Poecilia.
When it comes to the shape, they're more a mix of a wild guppy and a molly. And as I've already stated, there are in the wild also slender shaped molly species. For a lot of people only know the ferm shaped mollies.

Well, the do relate a bit to the shape of mollies but slender. Btw, there are slender wild molly strains. They're also related to mollies and guppies. But not close.

All micropoecilia species can breed with poecilia species. But if you keep them in a group where both genders of both species are present, a crossbreed is very unlikely. Once you put the opposite gender of each species in one tank, a cross mating is more likely. Micropoecilia is a subgenus of Poecilia.
When it comes to the shape, they're more a mix of a wild guppy and a molly. And as I've already stated, there are in the wild also slender shaped molly species. For a lot of people only know the ferm shaped mollies.
Fascinating! Your work with livebearers is absolutely fantastic.

Thx

oh yay, so i can keep them together IF i get enough male and female picta guppies?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back