Memoirs Of A Chocolate Chip Starfish:

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Anyways whilst on the subject of the wonders of nature I was in a lfs just before xmas and I noticed a black and yellow lobster eating a skunk cleaner shrimp in one of the display tanks.
I witnessed my blue crawdad/crayfish eating a corydora alive :crazy: :sick:
He had grabbed him and was tear chunks/pieces off of his side. Was traumatic for me. Shortly after I sold my crawdad back to my lfs for $10 (it was a big one and was sold before we even left the store).

Any new pictures of the starfish? I'd love to see :good:

Im probably the most slack member of this forum these days hah. I'll get up some pics asap. The tank is still running and doing wonderful. It's been quite a while now and my Chocolate Chip is still very happy with his tiny home. The tank's only other inhabitants at the moment are one blue legged hermit who has been in there as far back as I can remember, and sevvvveral Aiptasia. One of which is pretty large. Im waiting to see if the star will eat them as I've heard of that happening. The tank is also almost always full of tiny snails that I harvest from my larger tank. The CCS stays pretty full on those little guys but I still give him mysis and pellets from time to time. I promise new pics soon!

and time for pics!

pretty boring tank, just plants and starfish and a lot of snails. It's probably my favorite marine animal in the house though just because he's done so well. Hope you all enjoy.

img_0447.jpg

img_0448.jpg

img_0458-1.jpg

Ok here are some more exciting pics, also, I'll put a new video I made of him feeding in a few mins.

Here is chips new temporary buddy, a curly que anemone. He will be moved in the near future:
IMG_0544.jpg

And here is a good feeding shot:
IMG_0542.jpg

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back