Members MIA

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to vote! šŸ†

Status
Not open for further replies.
Iā€™ve been on the site for a few weeks; on it almost non-stop for the first week as I was off of work and working through the advice that is so freely given on here.

Iā€™m always slightly surprised by the numbers on the right hand side of the screen: 11 members online and 702 guests (at the time of typing).
I think most people would probably use a site like this for specific queries and then move on; a little bit like a Google search with real people providing the answers.

I think that when forums like this started they were perhaps as much about building a friendship group, like an online fish fanciers club, but times change.
Iā€™m really happy that I have found this group, Iā€™m back at work now so time to be here is more limited and the issues I had have, thanks to the group, been resolved. I think Iā€™m in the ā€˜contagiousā€™ stage of MTS, not yet fully infected as I still only have one tank - but I have ambitions and will be sticking around to make sure that the new tank(s) ? are set up with more knowledge than the first one. Iā€™m hoping that some interactions will turn into friendships - but their are other sites specifically for that.

I have asked about membership fees (I would have happily paid to join for the quality of the advice and support I was given) but they donā€™t exist, this leads me to think that the group has been designed to be open to anyone that would like access to the knowledge pool without being ā€˜tied inā€™.

Iā€™m not sure thatā€™s all in the best order, but written after the alarm and a long commute to the kitchen and back to the bedroom for another ā€œday in the officeā€.

Iā€™m in agreement with the other mods and members if people have left over time it is just part of the natural cycle of the forum. Iā€™ve seen it a lot over the years here and the forum is still here.

I had concerns about things like competition from Facebook groups and Iā€™m a member of a few but none are as active or as long lived as this forum. Indeed some of the busiest I joined when I got my new tank about 10 months ago have now been abandoned where this forum keeps going from strength to strength.

When people do leave we do often reach out to see if there is anything we can do to help. But sometimes people want to do something else and sometimes itā€™s just not important enough to them to keep coming back.

Wills

A reminder to everyone - duplicate accounts are a violation of the rules and results in an immediate ban of both accounts.
This thread is now closed!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back