Melt In You Mouth Pork Chops

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Bex

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Hi all

Just wanted to share this one because it is yummy if you like pork chops.

Get a couple of nice chops and season both sides.
Brown them off in a frying pan for a few minutes.
Stick them in a casserole dish on top of a thinly sliced onion.
Cover in chicken stock and put lid on.
Cook for 7-8 hours on a low heat, about 80C.
Stir in some soured cream and raise the heat for 30 mins.

I serve these with veg and and I make saute potatoes with onion and bacon from new potatoes.

The chops will literally melt in your mouth. The fat pulls away and the bone will just fall out. You could eat these babies with a spoon! Yummy!

Forgot to add, for the chicken stock use 2 chickec oxo's.

And before you put the soured cream in (you need about 8oz or just under 2 small tubs) stir 2 tablespoons of plain flour into the cream so that the sauce will thicken... or it will be really watery!

The best thing about it is that it is so easy to cook. Just chuck it in in the morning, and sit and wait for it! :good:

Let me know if you try it!

Forgot to add, for the chicken stock use 2 chickec oxo's.

And before you put the soured cream in (you need about 8oz or just under 2 small tubs) stir 2 tablespoons of plain flour into the cream so that the sauce will thicken... or it will be really watery!

I have a question...

When you marinade/season it, do you stab it repeatedly with a fork? It seems that that's the only way I could make the pork chop (thick ones) absorb the flavor through and through. Plus it makes the meat more tender. If I don't do the stabbing thing, the flavor just stays on top and the meat's kinda hard. :dunno: (Btw, haven't tried this recipe yet. I'm just starting to learn how to cook, I haven't upgraded from breaded pork chops yet :lol:)

Hi :D

No I don't stab the chop at all and I buy quite thick ones from my butcher - I have a very hungry husband! With this recipe, because of the long cooking time, 7-8 hours, the chops are very very tender and the flavour from the stock and the onions cooks into the chops.

Pork chops are quite a hard meat I think so this is the only way I know to cook them so they are soft and yummy. I'm no expert at cooking either so a lot of the stuff I try is trial and error, and quite a bit of error! :lol:

Whenever I season or marinade any other meat though, I do score it with a knife and smooth any marinade or seasoning into the cuts.

This pork chop recipe is really easy if you have time in the morning to get them going. Make sure you remember to put the flour in the cream before it goes in so the sauce thickens up nicely. I forgot that last time and not only was the sauce really watery, basically chicken stock, the soured cream didn't mix in either, so it looked awful! :lol: Try this one on some friends, it's dead easy and I'm sure they'll be impressed by your 'novice' skills! It's currently my hubby's favourite! :good:

yeah you need to cook pork pretty slowly or it does get tough and nasty. buying good quality meant from a butchers not the supermarket will also help :)

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back