Mekong Puffer (Tetraodon Suvattii)

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

I Keep Fish

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Thinking of getting one of these after christmas, i've not kept puffers before, but i've keep 100's of cichlids,community fish, a few oddballs (wolf fish, bushfish, gobies) and never had any problems really besides the odd breakout of whitespot.
Any info on the size tank i'd need for one to be happy, and potential tankmates? catfish? i realise i wouldn't be able to keep much with one. :good:

I think any tankmates would be out of the question, even armoured catfish. I've seen videos of these guys chop fish clean in half, bones and all. A 3ft tank would be ample I believe, they are 'lurker' puffers meaning they spend most of their time burried/hidden waiting for their pray to come by. A lot like congo puffers really.

Pufferpedia article
Pufferpedia species article

Wicked, thought as much, i have a 36X15x18 which i need to re-seal, hopefully i'll be able to get the project up and running soon after christams :good:

Just seen my links don't work, but if you just type 'Pufferpedia' into google you'll find the site and it has a ton of info on puffers.

Just seen my links don't work, but if you just type 'Pufferpedia' into google you'll find the site and it has a ton of info on puffers.
Just spent an hour or two reading that site, thanks very much :)

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back