Megalancistrus parananus

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

adeyc

Fish Herder
Reaction score
K was in my lfs today doing a favour for the boss :p And this face was looking out at me from one of the tanks so it being payday and money burning A hole in my pocket. I bought one.
Does anyone know any common names for this fish. The guy in the shop called it a "Queen plec" but I don't think it is, He's actualy quite good if a bit not all ther at times(like today)and he could have called it a guppy and believed it.lol The poor chaps getting on a bit but is still d##n knowledgeable about anything but fish common names and the boss wasn't in and I couldn't be bothered hassling the guy etc. Anyway I did a search and this is the closest thing I could find to what I've got. But the spots are slightly diferently spaced(still a very Dark brown/black)and the colouring is lighter. K is there anything else it could be? HEEELLLLPPPPP! ;)

I almost bought a couple of Albino corys and a red bellied newt but they looked to shifty for my liking :laugh:

K. m8 I need to find it again. lol check back in 5. :laugh:

I was quicker than 5. :p lol

Bottom row second from the left. Although mines only about an inch and the body colour is lighter.
Your reqested link

Yeah had a look but it's somehow different. not as many spots if you know what I mean. A couple of hours and I aint seen it. Must be quite at home in the tank. lol Probably won't be seeing it for a few weeks now. I'll check the scotcat site again.
Oh yeah the boss was of today but they get a delivery in on monday night 6000+ fish so he might not have any room. I've to see him tomorrow. :thumbs:

I've had a look properly at the scot cat site and found two queens. It's definetly not a Queen Golden nugget but is a similar shape to the queen arabesque but different markings ant the pics colours are back to front I@m going through all the pics. It's a bit like the L253 but a negative image(swap the colors around and add a dark yellow to the light one). Dare say I'll find something else like it in a few minutes.

I think I've found it. :D
Leporacanthicus heterodon Golden Heterodon L172A
Same color same spots I just need to find a better pic to confirm and Ill have to wait and try and catch mine to see if I'm right.lol
I'm off to bed now. I'm working in 6 hours and havent had any sleep.

If it is similar to the last link but with bronze coloured eyes it could be a Scobi Ancistrus :what:

Davy.on the scot cat page. they have a yellow bodied one with dark spots. Thats the closesed. I searched a few other sites and most are darker than mine or like your pic. mine is light bodied with bark spots all quite large and as I can see it's tail its got dark brown stripes on it with a lighter fringe at the end.
Pete this is the closesed I can find although most pics of this fish seem to show the colouration of Davy's link Heterodon. But my fish has a striped tail. I couldn't see it as after being introduced and having a quick munch he/she dissapeared. so I couldnt compare pics and fish.The little buggers hiding behind the internal filter

Go to www.planetcatfish.com

Search by common name and look at the......Coffee and Cream Pleco could be a match????????? :what:

I'm sure there was a post here? where's it gone.
Anyway it's not a coffe and cream. I'll try and borrow a digi and get a pic.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back