Meet Squab (Or Rc)

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Alasse

Fish Herder
Reaction score
She was originally called RC (short for roast chicken lol) I call her Squab or Squabbles lol

Aw, poor thing being called Roast Chicken! 
laugh.png

Squab name is much better. 

Nice little cocatiel, lovely feathers 
smile.png

The previous owners called her that 'cause she was the devil incarnate apparently, and they used to tell her they were gonna cook her up like a roast chicken lol

They gave her to us and within a day or so she was out and happy to be patted. She is rarely locked in her cage, even with my two cats in the house. She can fly, though this is about to change, as she is getting cunning at not wanting to go back to her cage lol And she cant have the free range she does now with a clipped wing.

She is beautiful and a sweetie, a very spoilt cockatiel this one

Awww, Squab is adorable!

However, are you sure Squab is a she? 
Females usually have grey "crowns" and duller orange cheeks, whereas Squab crown is yellow and his cheeks quite bright. 
Only you know though, does Squab make a lot of noise or is he/she quite quiet?
What is Squabs tail like?
cockatiels1.jpg

Yeah i've thought male for a while lol But previous owners called Squab she, so we have just continued on. Doesnt worry us what sex she/he is as we are not intending to breed with Squab

Haha okay.

I've had the same thing happen to me, only recently discovered that my bird, Bertie is a she, had to change her name to Bertina :lol:

Because Squab is not a wild form cockatiel I would say its actually a male. The colour form that squab appears to be (possibly a pied lacewing) has the males as duller than the females. Males are also generally more out going and friendly, but that can depend on other factors such as handling and nature.
An easy way to sex them is to hold the bird upside down and gently with your little finger press on the pelvic bone just above its vent. If the pelvic bone is wide (and your little finder nearly fits between the bones) to allow passage of eggs its a female, if the gap is narrow it is a male.

I had a rainbow lorikeet for years that we thought was a male called him Cheeky but after 6 years he laid an egg and removed all doubt about its sex. Cheeky was a riot of a bird but also could be a savage vindictive little monster. But we loved her, not so sure our cats shared the same sentiment tho since Cheeky ruled the house and dominated the cats food bowls.

Good to see that Squab who looks like a very pretty bird has found a good home and is settling in nicely.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back