Meet Sheldor

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

dgwebster

Fish Herder
Reaction score
Todays meet n greet is Sheldor, our male Bearded Dragon.

10 points to anyone who gets the name reference?

Bit of a background on Sheldor, he is about a year old. We bought him as a pair from a gumtree advert from owners who sadly did not research and/or provide suitable husbandry for the pair. We had a male female pair living together, in a 24" homemade viv. From the condition of their skin, they had never received a UVB source (these guys must get 10% uvb) and heat was supplied from a heat mat and a spotlight bulb (semi suitable, bare heat mats can be dangerous and cause burns, especially if not thermostat controlled which it was not) and whilst additional calcium was in their diet, we are not sure if they ever received crickets/locusts/moths/worms etc. during their care. Worms will have probably been the most likely if anything at all was being given.

We now have both of then in separate homes, with cools spots, hot spots & uvb. In fact, just after this photo was taken this morning, the two spotted each other and I received a threatening bout of black beard, hand waving/batting and head bob.

Both of then have increased in weight by about 200 grams and their skins are starting to colour. The female who was younger is faring better here, with lovely peaches showing through and a beautiful light skin. Sheldor is taking longer but is finally showing signs of the dark blackened colour retreating and will hopefully in time make a full recovery.

sheldor9.jpg

Sophie1992 said:
Big Bang Theory :D
10 points to Sophie1992.

I tried to convince the wife to call the female Amy and we could have had Shamy, but its called Betty instead :(

dgwebster said:

Big Bang Theory
biggrin.png
10 points to Sophie1992.

I tried to convince the wife to call the female Amy and we could have had Shamy, but its called Betty instead
sad.png

I do agree.. Amy would've been better :p

Had to add this photo, taken 20 minutes ago. Sorry its through the dirty glass, if I had opened the viv he would have woken up. Yip thats right, he is asleep in this photo. Shows off just how black he still is though!

Edit: adding the actual photo haha.

sheldor2.jpg

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back