The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Circus

Fish Herder
Pet of the Month 🎖️
Fish of the Month 🌟
Reaction score
My newest rescue from the Dumpster Cats. She gets along so well I just might keep her! She is starting to put on weight, and had her first bath last night.

Attachments

• 20210904_154122.jpg
    20210904_154122.jpg
    205.7 KB · Views: 76
Aaaww, she's beautiful!!

What are the dumpster cats? Is there a semi-feral colony near you?

I've semi adopted a neighbours cat, and tempted to bring him in properly, now that my elderly cat is sadly no longer with us (he hated other cats).

He's outside 24/7, comes here for food and used to be quite skinny til we caved in and fed him, and he fights with neighbour cats all the time, so frequently has wounds and matted fur that he never gets vet care for :sad:

I wouldn't normally steal someone else's pet, I hasten to add. And I'll almost certainly speak to her first. But he's so clearly neglected and never in their house. Super friendly cat, but has a tender spot on his back and will lash out if you stroke him wrong, so I imagine he doesn't get along well with their kids... and when he's come inside the house to eat, he's clearly nervous and easily scared. He'd be a stunning, sweetheart of a cat in the right home... Would be so much simpler if he were a stray.

It's wonderful that you're taking in cats that need homes! How many do you have now?? lol

What are the dumpster cats? Is there a semi-feral colony near you?
The dumpster cats are a completely feral colony that live at the truck stop where I work. They live in the woods and jump out of the dumpster when you open the back door. I have accidentally tossed trash bags on a couple. Every couple of years the owners of the place will go through and cull the population. Every so often I trap one, rehabilitate it, then find it a home for half the cost of it's vet bills.

The dumpster cats are a completely feral colony that live at the truck stop where I work. They live in the woods and jump out of the dumpster when you open the back door. I have accidentally tossed trash bags on a couple. Every couple of years the owners of the place will go through and cull the population. Every so often I trap one, rehabilitate it, then find it a home for half the cost of it's vet bills.
That's so sad :sad:

No trap/neuter/release charities that may help? I'm sure you've already looked into that though. Poor kitties.

It's wonderful that you're helping save some though! Would love more pics of Pounce! :D

My newest rescue from the Dumpster Cats. She gets along so well I just might keep her! She is starting to put on weight, and had her first bath last night.
Ah she’s gorgeous! What you do is so great! I’ve been asking my mom for the last 3 years if for my birthday we can foster a litter of kittens from our local humane society, but everyone in my family but me is allergic:X

That's so sad :sad:

No trap/neuter/release charities that may help? I'm sure you've already looked into that though. Poor kitties.

It's wonderful that you're helping save some though! Would love more pics of Pounce! :D
We live in the poorest County in the state. I do take some to the humane society, but ferals take a lot of time and energy, and they are a pretty small set up, only about 40 kennels.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back