Meet Peach

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

squidneh

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
My fiance got her first ever fish/tank 2 weeks ago - a betta! I hadn't had a betta for a while and seeing hers gave me the itch.

So now I have Peach! He is a koi and the biggest betta I've ever owned. His behavior has been different than my other bettas as well. He is not all that active - he swims around but mostly at a leisurely pace unless he deems something needs attacking, lol. For the first 24 hours I had him he obsessively created a massive bubble nest. Like the second he went in the tank he started building and didn't stop until the next day. He loves his heavily planted tank and enjoys lounging on the leaves and swimming through stems. So far he will not eat anything unless it moves - so sinking Bug Bites and frozen brine shrimp that sway in the current are the only winners as of yet. He refuses flakes and blood worms that float on top and once something hits the sand he won't touch it. I haven't tried soaking the blood worms yet.

I believe based on his size and behavior that he may be older than the typical LFS betta and may have been used for breeding (re the obsessive bubble nest building as soon as he was put in a bigger tank). Although i may be anthromorphizing, who knows. I am very fond of him and find his quirks endearing.

Welcome Peach :)

20200731_165422.jpg

20200731_202746.jpg

Hehe

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back