Meet our dog, Luna...

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Definitely not pure border collie - wow, he's a really tricky one to identify breeds in! I like the challenge :D Very cute!
I thought pitbull/German Shepherd/some kind other kind of terrier mixed in, but that tail is throwing me for a loop! the tail suggest either a basenji or a spitz is in there somewhere fairly prominently too...
And then his paws/hocks as well! Hmm, I have a feeling that the DNA results are really interesting! I honestly can't tell! So I think like mine, there's a parent or grandparent that's what they call nowadays a supermutt, so that there's a good mix of DNA in there in varying amounts :D

But my first and strongest suspicion for main or most unusual breed is that a basenji or spitz type is a big chunk.
Second - border collie (MAYBE Australian Shepherd, which we don't really have here, so I'm less familiar with them).
Third- Jack Russell.
Fourth - labrador.

So please hurry and make your guesses, @Rocky998 , 'cos I'm dying to hear what the DNA test said!
We probably are not getting any DNA test for a while... But as soon as we do and get results you will get a PM from me so hopefully you can be the first to know 😉

We probably are not getting any DNA test for a while... But as soon as we do and get results you will get a PM from me so hopefully you can be the first to know 😉
I was asking about your guesses for Alice's dog, because she already has DNA test results :p

She was laid flat out so I took a pic @AdoraBelle Dearheart
20220625_214108.jpg

I want to guess husky is a big part of hers, but she's long bodied too. Husky, Shepherd and spitz. I'll stand by that and probably be wrong, lol
I agree with the husky and Shepherd 100% but not so sure about spitz... The size difference is incredible. We just took her to the vets yesterday day and she weighed 83.6!!!! THATS INSANE!
The vets said she should lose a few pounds 😅

I agree with the husky and Shepherd 100% but not so sure about spitz... The size difference is incredible. We just took her to the vets yesterday day and she weighed 83.6!!!! THATS INSANE!
The vets said she should lose a few pounds 😅

Thanks, that does help a bit I think!
Firstly, my bad I didn't realise her weight was so big really, since I work in kgs not pounds - she's a big girl! So changing my guess and making it offical ;) :lol:
I still say husky is main, then instead of collie I think Australian Shepherd after seeing her face shape from the side, and I think a lab mixed with the husky is accounting for the increased size/weight. :)

Thanks, that does help a bit I think!
Firstly, my bad I didn't realise her weight was so big really, since I work in kgs not pounds - she's a big girl! So changing my guess and making it offical ;) :lol:
I still say husky is main, then instead of collie I think Australian Shepherd after seeing her face shape from the side, and I think a lab mixed with the husky is accounting for the increased size/weight. :)
Good guesses!! I've also thought lab but I wasn't sure on it really... I still think she is part retriever as well. Though, just a little not a big portion.
And Australian Shepherd is a great guess! My whole family thinks the same...

cancel the spitz then and go for great pyrenees, shepherd and husky. I don't see rear dewclaws but her facial shape leans a little toward pyrenees
That's a good guess! Our vet thinks she is a Husky, antolian Shepherd, and Pyrenees with a few other breeds... Not a bad guess cause I did see similarities.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back