Meet my baby!

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

nonoimbewwa

Reaction score
His name is Coors, yes, like the beer. I had to keep him in a Coors pitcher until I could get his tank fully set up. But he's got a few tank mates, Suga and Namjoon the albino corydoras and one ghost shrimp I haven't named yet. Coors loves all his bright pink Flora, and loves it when he knows I'm watching him.
20200203_165739.jpg
20200203_150017.jpg
20200205_172004.jpg

Hi nonoimbewwa,
Coors is a real beauty. Amazing fins!
I might suggest, if it is possible, to switch your plastic plants for live ones. They can damage those precious fins.
Lots of added bonuses with live plants, too.
Maybe ask around and see what others think.
~Regards

what a beautiful Beta...Hope you enter it in our next Fish of the Month contest...next contest starts mid February...you will see a banner at top of forums when entry period start!

Cool betta! As said above, i recommend you change out the fake plants, with live plants. (Anacharis, anubias, moss balls, java ferns, java moss, etc.) How many gallons if your betta in now? Albino cory cats (Aka bronze cory cats) need to be in groups of 6 or more. I'm glad your betta is able to cope with them, but you need to look into getting a bigger tank, or getting rid of your 2 cory cats. (Your LFS might take them in).

Does your tank have a filter? A heater? Do you know how to properly cycle your tank? (Check out this thread) https://www.fishforums.net/threads/cycling-your-new-fresh-water-tank-read-this-first.421488/

I'm not meaning to jump on you, but betta need more care than most people think. Please answer the above questions, so that I or another member may help you. If you have any more questions, please ask. :)

Very nice looking fish, I agree with the others, try and get some live plants. It will help improve the quality of your water.

Nice Betta.

The substrate you have is wrong for Corydoras, they need sand as they naturally like to burrow and don't injure there barbs.

Cories filter sand and debris through their mouth and out of their gills, so sand is needed to feed correctly and comfortably, and gravel will scrape and irritate their soft bellies

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back