Meet Fezzik

GuppyGirl20

Fishaholic
Reaction score
This is my new guy, Fezzik. He's kind of really big or at least big compared to my last one. I'm not certain on the tail type though. I got him yesterday and once he was released into the tank he has done nothing but zip around and its so hard to snap decent pictures of him. He's super excited to not be in a little cup anymore. He's already started picking on the snails so he's a little bit of a bully.
He's feeding regiment will be pellets, frozen food, wormies, rest, repeat.

IMG_1171.jpg 

IMG_1175.jpg

IMG_1177.jpg

IMG_1179.jpg

IMG_1183.jpg

IMG_1186.jpg

IMG_1187.jpg

Also for some reason with how dark he is and how much glare comes off the tank during the day its difficult to snap a pic. Even at night then the only light is from the tank my camera has a hard time focusing on him. It's strange. It's be really cool if he turned out to be a king betta. Those suckers are GIANT!

First time I saw one of those I was like, "That's a betta?"  The thing was 3 inches long!

Today was the wormy day for feeding and he went a little nuts lol. At first he wasn't sure what I was putting in the tank and he just watched the bits of food float around the top and then he got a taste and it was like blood in a shark tank XD

Fezzik did the funniest thing today. After his fast day is pellets and I don't think he cares much for pellets. The first time he was fed them he spat a couple out first before actually eating one. Today when I opened up the tank lid to feed him he was all excited and swam to the top like "yay, food!". I plopped about four pellets in... I have never seen a betta so unenthused about eating XD. He looks at them for a second and then reluctantly eats them. It was cracking me up.  

Just about all of his baby stripes are gone. I think I can still see a little bit on the black part of his face but it's very faint.

Do IAL normally make tanks this dark? Lol can the betta even tell when the light is on? (The picture for some reason doesn't look as dark as it actually is)

image.jpg

Yes, in fact, the release of tannins is the primary reason that people add IAL to their tanks.

I know that but I mean it's really dark. I've never seen it get this dark before and I feel like my poor fishy can't even tell that the tank light is on lol

Its nothing out of the ordinary.  

I know that but I mean it's really dark
Yes that's normal, It's good for fishy.  Just as well you don't use peat moss in your filter then LOL.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back