Meds

Aspen35

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I have a tank that has finished cycling for livebearers. I’ve set up a 10 gallon as a quarantine, as the last batch of livebearers I got had an internal parasite I didn’t detect until a while after I got them, and I know internal worms and such is more common with them. My question is, what meds can I use upon getting the fish, to ensure there is nothing going on internally that I should catch now rather than later? Fenbendazole, praziquantel, levamisole, Metronidazole, etc. :)

Here are some:

Here are some:
I have general cure, should I start with that and see if they need the Erythromycin?

Don't use anti-biotics on fish or any animal unless they have a known bacterial infection that has not responded to normal medications. Improper use and mis-use of anti-biotics has lead to drug resistant bacteria that kill people, birds, fish, reptiles and animals.

---------------------
Flubendazole will treat intestinal worms (tapeworm & round worms) and possibly gill flukes and does the same job as Praziquantel and Levamisole combined. So if you have access to Flubendazole, that is what you can use when the fish are in quarantine.

Don't add anything else unless the fish get sick and then use the correct medication for the disease.

Don't use anti-biotics on fish or any animal unless they have a known bacterial infection that has not responded to normal medications. Improper use and mis-use of anti-biotics has lead to drug resistant bacteria that kill people, birds, fish, reptiles and animals.

---------------------
Flubendazole will treat intestinal worms (tapeworm & round worms) and possibly gill flukes and does the same job as Praziquantel and Levamisole combined. So if you have access to Flubendazole, that is what you can use when the fish are in quarantine.

Don't add anything else unless the fish get sick and then use the correct medication for the disease.
What’s the difference between Flubendazole and Fenbendazole?

different ingredients.
When I went to order it, the fenbendazole was labeled as deworming, the place I was getting it from doesn’t even carry flubendenzole. That’s why I was asking, will fenbendazole work for my purpose, or do I need to look elsewhere? Other than that, they just have the praziquantel.

I have never used Fenbendazole so can't comment on what it will work on for fish. However, it is in a similar group of dewormers to Flubendazole so it might work. What do the instructions/ directions say?

Don't use any meds unless you are sure what the problem is. Using meds as a preventive cure is counter productive. Find out the problem then cure it.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back