medic tank

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

bodasafa

Reaction score
starting a hospital tank 20 or 30 gal. want your opinon on what kind of fillter would you put on so it does not mess with the meds. ....and also would you put a skimmer on the med tank??????i am going to put crush coral in the tank and that is all nothing else no live rock but have not decided on that yet :D :D :D

dont use a skimmer it will remove a lot of treatments,
have a plant pot for them to hide in -if their ill you dont want them to get even more stressed.
Just use an internal power filter but add some media from your main tank when you add the fish so its mature.

You don't need a skimmer.

You should not have a substrate bed. You want this tank as clean as possible, so that you can easily vacuum and clean it.

For hiding and protection, dead corals, PVC pipe, flowerpots- any inert material will do.

Hope this helps! :thumbs:

thanks for all the suggestions not going to put in crushed coral thanks to landlock that makes a lot of since it wold be easyer to clean going with fake coral nige what is an internal power fillter i only know like sumps canisters and hang ons

do you run your sick tank all the time? or just take water from the main tank?

I think that it is better if you just run it with water from the main tank, but you could run it with water all the time. I think that it's just a waste of energy and time, though, if you aren't using it. It can be set up quickly at any time, so why bother with leaving it up? :dunno:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back