FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Crispii

Fish Gatherer
Reaction score
A start of a new setup and project!

20200831_183410.jpg

How are your Medakas working out?
Im looking for some at the moment. Is there a preferred male/female ratio that I should know about? I’ve tried looking for ratio info on the internet for days now and no success.
Due to their use in scientific experiments there’s hundreds of pages of Medaka info on the internet but very little aimed at the fish keeper. It’s all science stuff

How are your Medakas working out?
Im looking for some at the moment. Is there a preferred male/female ratio that I should know about? I’ve tried looking for ratio info on the internet for days now and no success.
Due to their use in scientific experiments there’s hundreds of pages of Medaka info on the internet but very little aimed at the fish keeper. It’s all science stuff
Doing well. I say you want more females than males, similar to guppies. A ratio of 1:2 is good for Medaka.

Breeding! Great stuff.
I’ve only seen eggs on one of mine and that was the day after I moved them from QT to community tank. They’ve no chance in there. 12 WCMM, 3 Guppies, 10 Medaka will I think put paid to any eggs or fry. It’s a madhouse in there.
After the next bout of decorating I’m hoping to convince MrsLurch of the pros of getting species tanks to encourage breeding.
Best of luck.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back