Meat Coral Dieing Help!

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Benz912

Reaction score
I recently purchased a meat coral (picture found below) from a local fish store. The meat coral was very cheap because they said it was not doing well in there tank because it was over stocked. I brought it home 3 weeks ago and it started to do okay and get more color but recently it started to turn white in the middle and loose some of the color it gained. I have been feeding it a mix of phytoplankton, shrimp and fish food. It eats it all but seems to be getting worse lately... Any advice or help would be very helpfull I have never owned a meat coral and would like for this one to survive. Also please let me know if it looks to far gone :(.

Tank info: 55g not alot of fish and about 7 pices of coral most being plugs other than my torch and frog spawn.

All test levels are perfect except my nitrate is 10-20ppm Im changing that water weekly and now adding a nitrate reducer to help aid it.

Thanks for the help and any info would be appreasheared!!

image.jpg

What type of lighting are you currently using?

Thanks for the quick responses and I'm using 55g LED set up by marineland. Here is the link for specs http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=3578+3733+23687&pcatid=23687

And here are some pics of my full tank it's been up and running for 6 months.

photo.jpg

photo-1.jpg

image-1.jpg

Thanks for the quick responses and I'm using 55g LED set up by marineland. Here is the link for specs http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=3578+3733+23687&pcatid=23687

And here are some pics of my full tank it's been up and running for 6 months.

photo.jpg

photo-1.jpg

image-1.jpg

Dont feed it too often. The food you are feeding it is probably rotting in its stomach.

What is the flow like over it?

From the first picture it looks past the point of no return.

Unless you get a sick coral really really cheap its just not worth it.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back