Me again! Feel like I’m failing my cycle

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

mw2022

Reaction score
Day 6 since adding 3ppm ammonia. I thought it would be showing better by now? Have I done something wrong?

Attachments

• 8B9B1522-B9E9-4B29-9DE2-EEE9F83E710E.jpeg
    8B9B1522-B9E9-4B29-9DE2-EEE9F83E710E.jpeg
    116.5 KB · Views: 45
No, you've done nothing wrong! Its the first addition of ammonia right? The first ammonia dose always takes the longest, then you can move on with the other steps

No, you've done nothing wrong! Its the first addition of ammonia right? The first ammonia dose always takes the longest, then you can move on with the other steps
I was so worried I’d done something wrong! Thank you for your reply

You want the high nitrites and nitrates IN THIS STAGE because that means the bacteria is growing and establishing itself

I was so worried I’d done something wrong! Thank you for your reply
No problem!
As long as there are no fish in and this is the beginning of a cycle, those colors look normal

No problem!
As long as there are no fish in and this is the beginning of a cycle, those colors look normal
Perfect. No fish, just about 30 baby snails that must have come in on my plants 🙈
When I told the people at the fish store I had added ammonia they looked at me as it id gone mad!!

Perfect. No fish, just about 30 baby snails that must have come in on my plants 🙈
When I told the people at the fish store I had added ammonia they looked at me as it id gone mad!!
Those snails are tanks... They can't die unless you use copper 😂. I used 3ppm ammonia to cycle my tank and they didn't die... I was very impressed to say the least 😅

Yah, one time I went to a pet store and asked if they carried ammonia and the guy stared at me for a few like: "What is this kid doing" 😂

You don't need to test for nitrates until the tank has cycled. Nitrate test kits read nitrite as nitrate, and give you a false reading.

It takes around 4-6 weeks to cycle a new aquarium and filter. You can add some liquid filter bacteria supplement to help speed things up. You can buy this from any pet shop or online. Add a double dose every day for a week and then pour the remaining contents into the tank. Try to add the filter bacteria near the filter intake so it gets drawn into the filter where it belongs.

You don't need to test for nitrates until the tank has cycled. Nitrate test kits read nitrite as nitrate, and give you a false reading.

It takes around 4-6 weeks to cycle a new aquarium and filter. You can add some liquid filter bacteria supplement to help speed things up. You can buy this from any pet shop or online. Add a double dose every day for a week and then pour the remaining contents into the tank. Try to add the filter bacteria near the filter intake so it gets drawn into the filter where it belongs.
If you decide to get bacteria, make sure you also get the right species of bacteria. Many companies use the wrong kind. Tetra carries a product with the good stuff!

Those snails are tanks... They can't die unless you use copper 😂. I used 3ppm ammonia to cycle my tank and they didn't die... I was very impressed to say the least 😅

Yah, one time I went to a pet store and asked if they carried ammonia and the guy stared at me for a few like: "What is this kid doing" 😂
Well after I said I added ammonia and I’m doing my cycle he said because my tank has been set up for 3 weeks to just do a 25% water change and add fish in!!!

I have used a 120ml bottle of aqua car bio-boost. Shall I buy the tetra one and use that now?

Well after I said I added ammonia and I’m doing my cycle he said because my tank has been set up for 3 weeks to just do a 25% water change and add fish in!!!

I have used a 120ml bottle of aqua car bio-boost. Shall I buy the tetra one and use that now?
Well no... They really don't know where your at on the cycle. Most pet shop workers have no clue about it really. Especially sense he was confused on why you needed ammonia. Keep strong with the cycle and add the bacteria. And yes I would recommend getting the tetra branded one

I was also knew to the hobby a few months back, my first cycle was long winded nightmare it just takes time.. i didnt use any kind of bacteria just used good old time gave me a chance to research other things like plants, fish etc, but the help from the forum @Essjay (never spoken to me since 😅) got me through since then I've cycled 2 other tanks by myself (im a big boy now i know 😄😄) just be patient

If you have 1 established aquarium with a cycled filter, you don't have to cycle another tank. Just take half the filter media from the established filter and put it in the new tank's filter. Then add fish.

Well no... They really don't know where your at on the cycle. Most pet shop workers have no clue about it really. Especially sense he was confused on why you needed ammonia. Keep strong with the cycle and add the bacteria. And yes I would recommend getting the tetra branded one
Hey I hope you don’t mind me replying on here again. These are todays levels, do I need to add more ammonia now?

Attachments

• D330CED5-47F2-424E-B4DA-C155E8FBE6B9.jpeg
    D330CED5-47F2-424E-B4DA-C155E8FBE6B9.jpeg
    208.4 KB · Views: 28
Hey I hope you don’t mind me replying on here again. These are todays levels, do I need to add more ammonia now?
How many ammonia dosed have you added? If one do another full dose

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back