Mayhaps I need a humidifier in my apartment?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
You might want to get another small one for your bedroom.

Figured that I'd close this out as the humidifier seems to be doing fine. It is a cool mist unit that atomizes the water to a fine mist and, over a 24 hour period, puts ~2.5 gallons of moisture into the air which the ceiling fans circulate. It uses an ultrasonic system to atomize the water and cost me $39.99 + tax USD at a local Walgreens store.

Aquarium evaporation has gotten less and I've only woken up once with my mouth being dry which was likely due to my forgetting to turn on my living room ceiling fan after closing my bird cage and opening my bedroom door. LOL! I'll leave it as a exercise in logic as to why I don't run my living room ceiling fan when the bird cage is open.

Here is an image of the thing doing its stuff. Looks like steam coming out but it is actually a cool mist like fog. The dry air in my apartment sucks up the 'fog' before it even reaches a foot below the counter top. One might think that it would cause condensation on near surfaces but it does not. I just need to fill the water tank in the morning and evening. If I forget to fill the tank it automatically shuts off when out of water. The blue light has nothing to do with function and is just a sort of pretty night light. I'm running the thing at about 2/3 capacity.

IMG_2664.JPG

All you lot suggest water testing for everything, but no one buys a cheap gauge to know what the relative humidity of the rooms are before and after! Test the air! Get that kit out and have some readings you can cross reference with the suggested levels.
The API (Any Plastic Instrument) humidity gauge will be well under $10 and will work to give you more than an impression.

I could show pictures of my work area, since I just painted it and rearranged everything. I haven't had time to create my usual cluttered mess. If I take a photo in the next few days, it'll be impressive. Then I'll get to work.

It's beautiful here today, with an indoor humidity reading of 25% {too low). Maybe I need a fishtank in here.

All you lot suggest water testing for everything, but no one buys a cheap gauge to know what the relative humidity of the rooms are before and after! Test the air! Get that kit out and have some readings you can cross reference with the suggested levels.
The API (Any Plastic Instrument) humidity gauge will be well under $10 and will work to give you more than an impression.

I could show pictures of my work area, since I just painted it and rearranged everything. I haven't had time to create my usual cluttered mess. If I take a photo in the next few days, it'll be impressive. Then I'll get to work.

It's beautiful here today, with an indoor humidity reading of 25% {too low). Maybe I need a fishtank in here.

HUH??? Where did that come from??? Right now my gauge for relative humidity is showing 52%. Before I got the humidifier I was seeing in the low thirties.

Your last post almost seems like an attack as to what I have done and I just don't understand. What I have done has resulted in a much higher relative humidity and all seems cool to me. Am I missing something or are you just having a bad day and wanting to attack? :dunno: Sorry if I read wrong but your last post post just seemed to be totally arbitrary and, basically, nonsense.

Oh no. I reread the thread, and thought the lack of readings was odd. I am a bit of a house humidity junkie, as an asthmatic.
No attack at all - but date would have made it an easier discussion. 52% is good, and you inspired a conversation with my wife about whether we should do something similar as we we watch the readings. You provided inspiration, though we'll have to watch for a bit to see if the nitrat, I mean humidity goes up.

Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Oh no. I reread the thread, and thought the lack of readings was odd. I am a bit of a house humidity junkie, as an asthmatic.
No attack at all - but date would have made it an easier discussion. 52% is good, and you inspired a conversation with my wife about whether we should do something similar as we we watch the readings. You provided inspiration, though we'll have to watch for a bit to see if the nitrat, I mean humidity goes up.

Sorry for the misunderstanding.
No worries. :) What works for you works for you. What works for me works for me. Neither are wrong but just different as we have different situations. :)

My humidity has been running about 70% in the living room until the cold front came thru, but the outdoor humidity has been foggy. I have a temp/humidity guage on a living room shelf, since I heat with wood stove and it has no thermostat

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back