Staff member
Global Moderator āš’ļø
Reaction score
The May 2015 Fish of the Month Competition is now openĀ 
wink.png

Ā 
Ā 
Ā 
Please start posting entries and nominations for the May 2015 competition here.

Please note that a dated verification picture must be provided or the entry will not be accepted.

The standard of the entries in the competition so far has been very high, so lets keep them coming please!

If you have not done so already, please read theĀ rulesĀ before submitting a nomination or entry.

The May competition will close for entries and nominations on ~Ā 15th May 2015.
Ā 
Ā 
Upload your photographs onto the forum when entering the competition
( http://www.fishforum...tures-to-forum/ )
Ā 
Ā 
Ā 
Ā 
(As a side note:Ā  If there are less than 3 entries in a given month, the entries will be held over until the following month.)

Here's my BN Pleco, I call him( I think ) Paul, heĀ  is about 3 1/2 inches long now.
Ā 
xdwci8.jpg

Ā 
2rdd7hh.jpg

11bjg9e.jpg

2md4h7r.jpg

PS.

I am learning to use my new camera.... Lot's of fish photos to come LOL.

My male Crowntail Betta named Calypso. He is a sassy 3 month old who loves attention and will eat from your hand!
Ā 

mrstwalketMay2015Fotm.jpg
Ā 
mrstwalkerMayFoTMcomp.jpg

NickAu said:
Here's my BN Pleco, I call him( I think ) Paul, heĀ  is about 3 1/2 inches long now.
Ā 
Lovely pics :)
Ā 
Which one do you want to use as your competition entry?
Ā 
Ā 
mrstwalker said:
My male Crowntail Betta named Calypso. He is a sassy 3 month old who loves attention and will eat from your hand!
Ā 
Very nice indeed :nod:
Ā 
Which of the two photos do you want entered into the competition?
Would be nice to put in all the pictures, but alas, just the one entry photo allowed to keep things simple.

Ch4rlie said:
Ā 
Ā 
Lovely pics
smile.png

Ā 
Ā 
Ā 
mrstwalker said:
Ā 
Very nice indeed
yes.gif

Ā 
Which of the two photos do you want entered into the competition?
Would be nice to put in all the pictures, but alas, just the one entry photo allowed to keep things simple.
Ā 
The bottom picture I think
smile.png

Ā 
[sharedmedia=core:attachments:78178]

Ā 
The middle one please charlie.

Thank you to both, no problem at all. :)

This is the first time I have seen Paul face to face so to speak, I like his colours, He seems healthy enough and well fed. Till these photos all my pics were taken on an Iphone3 and noob setting on my $100 AU Nikon Coolpix Digital Camera from ebay, I couldnā€™t even get it to focus on a shrimp, I had no idea how to use the camera other than point and click, So I did what not many males are known to do, I downloaded the manual, And read it, And found out things like use sports/continuousĀ  mode when taking photos of fish, How to manually focus the camera, The photos above were my first attempt of using the camera in not so noob way. Glad I read the instructions.
Ā 
Calypso is a nice looking fish and bettas are quite smart,Ā  You can teach them some cool tricks, I saw 1 on youtube where a betta plays soccer.

I'll have a go with one of my male palmeri tetra's
Ā 
015.JPG
Ā 
I'll get an verification up later. I have 5 of these so whether it'll be the same male I can't say!!
Ā 
Ā 

Akasha72 said:
I'll get an verification up later. I have 5 of these so whether it'll be the same male I can't say!!
Ā 
:lol:
Ā 
Understandable, but don't worry too much as long as you get a group of them in same tank, its fine ;)

]I think this might be a better photo - it shows up their colours more
Ā 
044.JPG
Ā 
Ā 
Am I allowed to crop it a bit?
a verification anyway!! 029.JPG
Ā 
I've not worked out how to add more than one photo to 1 post yet!

Cropped so it's a clearer photo. Can I use this one if that's okay?
Ā 
044.JPG

Akasha72 said:
Cropped so it's a clearer photo. Can I use this one if that's okay?
Ā 
Yup, thats perfectly fine
smile.png

Ā 
And the verification photo, perfectly acceptable
yes.gif

Ā 
EDIT - just realised I said 'perfectly' twice! Ah well, it's perfectly ok to do that :p

My favourite fish in my tank is one of my male German Blue Rams, he looks amazing when hes all coloured up under the light with his fin up.
Its hard to get a photo of him in all his glory, he doesn't stay in one place for very long lolĀ 

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back