May 2013 - Totm Banter

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Wow great entries this month! I was going to enter my tank since I finally have it looking the way I want-bin liner giving the back a subtle darkness and all! I will see! Good luck all. 

Iiriva said:
I don't buy my clown loaches from stores, I "rescue" older ones from small tanks.

I think you might well get my vote just for that!

Ny82 - go for it!!
good.gif

I've put mines up. It's the only decent pic I can get with no decent camera! (I lost it when I moved)

b682e844-7693-441f-bbff-fb96470bd8b4_zps33acab9f.jpg

Thanks! ^^

Ny82, I like your tank very much. Looks pretty. :)

Iiriva said:
Thanks! ^^

Ny82, I like your tank very much. Looks pretty.
smile.png
Thanks i'm loving yours - are the plants growing up and out the tank? That's what I like about it!

@ The Old Spouse
You can get some cryptocoryne balansae or aponogeton crispus for the back or left side, easy growers and not so boring like vallis although I like vallis too. They'll give a bit of height too and maybe shade once they grow to the surface. If you have ottos, they really love those sorts of plants, especially if they are moved by the flow.

Thanks for the suggestion, snazy. I have to say, though, that I'm really liking my tank now. It's the only one that is pest algae-free, and I rather like the balance. I now have 11 tiny zebra danios taking up the upper third of the water column, and that's what I was looking for. Also, the cory love to hang out in that "bare" spot in the back middle. 

Honestly, with the algae problems in my other tanks, I'm concerned about doing much to this tank that might upset it's balance! I do like the idea of the aponogeton crispus though. 

I like the tank the way it is too. Adding too many plants will upset the balance in a low tech tank.
You can try crinum calamistratum. It's similar to aponogeton crispus in a way but has way narrower and very curly leaves. It grows slowly so won't take up much nutritients at once and won't overshadow anything due to the thin leaves but will make it interesting for the fish. I really like that plant. I have one myself.

Do I really need to be a member for two WHOLE months before I can post? :'( Lol.

See this photo would have made everyones day if it weren't blurry :p

20130518_133448.jpg

It made my day ( night ) tech! He looks like he's smiling at me :wub:

He'll come up to the tank and just watch you, Quite interesting fish xD

Very nice shot Techen! I don't think it is too blurry.  

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back