May 2013 - Potm Banter

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
My wife used to work with a woman who used to breed Labradors for the blind as seeing-eye dogs.  She said that they would start weeding through them at 6 weeks and up.  There are certain benchmarks along the way that the dogs have to meet, otherwise they are going to wash out anyway, and it isn't worth the investment of time to try to train them beyond that.   But, they can still make fantastic pets!   Interestingly, it seems that the chocolate labs wash out at a drastically higher rate than the blacks or yellows...  Something about their genes makes them a bit more high-strung, apparently.  They all still get a shot, but the chocs just don't seem to be cut out for that style of life.  Great pets though!

Lovely pictures, TOS! Bella is a gorgeous-looking cat - those eyes are amazing!

Misty looks lovely RCA!
Am hoping we get some good ones of Ginger in time but if not there's always next month!

You decided to call your new addition Ginger?  Nice!

Yes eagles - she was ginger all over when we first met her now it's just her face. Once we get her we'll have a Fred & Ginger! lol

Very nice!  She's a dancer, eh?

I reckon they'll both be dancing under my feet before long! lol

Awww I wanted to vote for JenJ's gorgeous cat but now there's RCA's Misty...
wub.png
 :melts:

Decisions decisions!
TT's beetle is rather unusual to those of us who have 4 legged friends.

Hehehe, I knew Albert would stir the pot. After Larry I decided I'd give another crawly a shot.

Always worth a try, TT. There might be some more creepy-crawly lovers out there! lol

Yup, always looking for recruits to my interesting hobby.
Hey guys, guess what?
This is my thousandth post!
To celebrate I give myself this picture:
10001.jpg

When do I get to pick my own member title?
I shall be known as " snail king" from now on. :D

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back