Marmite X Dorito - 30Th January 2012

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

sausagewinkle

Fish Herder
Reaction score
I had another spawn on Saturday with my orange dalmation halfmoon Marmite, and my orange halfmoon Dorito.
I have been trying various pairs over the past month and had no success.

Saturday 28th Jan these 2 started spawning and yesterday (30th Jan) the eggs hatch.

Few pictures from the spawning and of the newly hatched fry

MARMITE - DADDY
f80491d2.jpg

DORITO - MAMMY

b4c14eec.jpg

THE SPAWNING - 28TH JANUARY
8e230163.jpg

09b1e9c8.jpg

dc6b7814.jpg

4ec996dc.jpg

e0158788.jpg

e21d7975.jpg

6fe0f619.jpg

8efdf5dd.jpg

c8cf388b.jpg

0e86485e.jpg

16f7f6d3.jpg

HATCHED EGGS AND DADDY - 30TH JANUARY
1da2f940.jpg

d281a298.jpg

a0747b15.jpg

4591d2d2.jpg

VIDEO

So cute :D
the fry ar so funny with there big black eyes ROFL

I love the picture of him staring you out! He looks such a good daddy! Love the names 2 :)

The babies seem to be doing great, LOADS of them :)
Ill try and get some pics over the weekend of them, they are 1 week old now, bright white with HUGE black eyes :lol:

Daddy is doing good too, he was a terrible tail biter before but hasn't touched his tail since, which i though he would have, got some lovely re growth going on :D

Update 9th Feb 2012

Lastnight I syphoned 26 dead babies from the bottom of the tank :( they seem to be VERY slow growing so just hope they are eating, I have ordered a new batch of microworm as I wasnt happy with the one I was feeding them on. There are still loads in the left considering so many seem to have died

Well I must have lost a good 100 fry since the start, maybe more.
Last night they were moved to their 80 litre grow out tank and 124 were counted as they were netted across.
I doubt they will all survive as there are about 20 tiny ones still so they may not make it.

Will get some pictures :)

Love the daddy! At least you still have about 124 left... My first spawn are still growing and I've only got 7 of them, lost quite a few during the early days.

As long as there's enough to go around the betta group Vicki eh!! :good: ;) :D Can't wait to see them as they progress :D

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back