Marineland Jester Costume!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

BettaMomma said:
FABULOUS costume. ;) I love it!!!
Did you ever see the episode of the Cosby show where Theo's sister sewed him that yellow shirt? Yeah, that's what it would look like if I tried to sew something.
YES! That episode rocks!

Littlefishie, that costume/makeup job is awesome! I don't think the makeup will hurt the whales, if you think about how much makeup will actually get in the water, and how much water there is to pollute in those tanks :p

Thanks, Orky! :) The makeup is pretty good, actually. Everything I bought seems to work well, the black stick and the red cream both didn't come off when I was in the water. I think it's the oil based clown white they're on top of that helps. :) Plusss, Ang [trainer] told me that if I use mousse in my hair to help it be curly for the show, it's no big deal because the filtration system will get that. So I figure if the filtration can handle mousse, a little bit of makeup won't kill it either.

OoooOOooooh how super exciting....
Have I mentioned I'm supremely jealous of your job? :wub:

I will gladly host your video for you - I have room =)

I was showing my gf your story and she was really interested. She looked at your pictures in the costume and she asked me how old you were. I said, "i dunno i'll look" I went into your profile and we both were very surprised. Your only like 18. You look about 24. I mentioned it because of what the guy said. I thought I'd make your night :D

BTW sounds like the shows went great I'm glad you had a good time. And betta momma isn't the only jealous one in the crowd I can assure you.

Torrean, you're not the only one who's surprised. Some of the trainers just found out today that I'm only 18, and they were in shock, because I'd mentioned being in university and stuff like that. I had to get out my birth certificate and prove it :lol:

And BM, I'm definitely taking you up on that offer! I talked to Nic and he said he'd get the admissions people to let Papa in for a stadium show without paying the admissions price, just so he could tape it as long as he makes a copy for the park. This won't be until about July, because Nic wants us to have the show perfect for this. But I will definitely be putting up a link to the video clip, as long as BettaMomma still doesn't mind hosting it. :D

Just thought I'd mention how well today went.. I went in the tank again for a show, and I haven't heard the crowd scream that loud EVER! It was amazing, I just wish it weren't so damned cold. The tank is 69F, and it's still cold even with a wetsuit. Not to mention it was about 58F outside, so I started hunting for dry warm clothes and towels to bundle myself in when I got offstage from that show. It was great though, I still can't believe they pay me to do this. :)

Thanks, silver! :)

I FINALLY talked one of the guest services girls to take pictures of me during the show. Sadly she missed the best parts, because she was getting the audience to clap along with me! :( She was going to take pictures of me doing my stupid stuff, like standing on top of the slide, going down it into the water, stuff like that. Which would've been awesome. But she got caught up in my show, which was perfectly fine. So I have only two shots of me onstage, completely soaked, wetsuit and all. This was at the end of my part of the show, when I had the audience clapping along to the Marineland theme song.

Shot #1 -- Pretty far away but you can see the whole stage, how it's set up, and the pool/tank I swim in that houses the dolphins. [Who, btw, are in the ready pool on the right, but you can't see them]
stage.jpg

Shot #2 -- Much closer! I'd forgotten to show Cait where the zoom button was, but she figured it out. This is me stupidly clapping to the music.
stage2.jpg

And finally, I took a picture of my requisite makeup that I have yet to talk Nic out of. It's pretty simple and fast to do, and doesn't come off in the water, but I just.. don't really like it.

stagemakeup.jpg

And that's all for now, but I'm about to start a new topic solely for show photos, because I managed to get 33 during a show a couple days ago, from start to finish! :D

PS -- forgive the drowned rat appearance in the makeup closeup. That was right after the show, when I'd come offstage completely drenched. Usually my hair is all bouncy and curly in pigtails. :nod:

OH MY GOSH that is so WAY cool!!!! B) :thumbs: (surfer chick voice of course)

I HAVE to see more photos of your routine!!!
:/ :-(

You're gonna want it even more in a minute, OTP..

So we're a bit short staffed this season, and Nic is running low on help.
He decided to promote me yesterday.

Hooray for me making another Marineland first, I am now jester/assistant trainer! :D

Your a trainer now too??? Thats awesome! At least you know you are doing a good job and they like you. That's always re-assuring!

We'll have to do a southern Ontario trip out to see you one day.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back