Marineland C-360 Canister Filter

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

BiggTexx

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Marineland C-360 Canister Filter

Summary

The Marineland C-360 Canister Filter is a 3-stage (multistage) 360 gallon per hour external canister filter rated for up to 100 gallon aquariums.  The filter separates into two main components, the canister and motor head. The canister stores 4 Stack n' Flo filter trays for holding chemical, biological and mechanical filter media while the design allows water to pass through the trays and media. The motor head includes the valve block, which contains a locking mechanism (key) to that locks the valve body onto the filter head. Purchased new, the C-360 filter came complete with Filter Foam, Carbon Bags, BIO-Filter Balls, Ceramic Rings, Filter Floss and all necessary hoses.

How long have you owned this product?
  • I currently have dual C-360 Canister Filters that have been running concurrently for a over a year.
Ease of Use

After unboxing, the filter was able to be assembled and installed within 30 minutes.  I feel the vinyl hoses are of better quality than other canisters filters I have seen or used over the years, and were easily secured to the inlet/outlet barbs and to the valve body barbs.  Priming the filter was easily accomplished with the included prime button located on the filter head and made it easy to fill the canister with water without having to be filled prior to being sealed.

Maintenance is easily performed by removing the valve body which seals off the intake/outlet hoses, allowing the canister to be moved to a better location for servicing.  The motor head can then be removed by releasing the four buckles, one on each side of the canister.

Pros
  • All media included
  • Quick release valve block
  • Easy to service
  • Quite operation (although not silent)
  • Carrying handle for ease of moving
  • Great value for the price
  • Availability of replacement parts and Filter media
Cons
  • Would like to see the design include an additional screen to cover the Stack n' Flo trays. When servicing, I like to keep some water in the canister and the BIO-Filter Balls likes to float around making installing the next Stack n' Flo filter tray a bit tricky.
  • The instructions lack a bit of information that I would have found useful upon initial setup
  • The Inlet and Outlet are fixed length
Rating 

Would recommend 
yes.gif

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back