Marine Ich And Sg

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

dixaisy930

I'm trying really hard to act normal
Reaction score
I've been reading every post I can find on Marine Ich, since it looks like my maroon clown is infected. I was just curious as to why lowering sg can help but FW dips can't. I'm assuming it has something to do with the length of time that you can do each?

Thanks :) That's a good article. I should have been more specific when I mentioned lowering the salinity. I meant hyposalinity treatment. From what I read on here, between 1.009 and 1.015 seems to be the recommended sg. I was just curious if a hyposalinity treatment might help, how does the FW dip not effect the parasite? Is it because the parasite can tolerate the FW for the length of a dip? :) Sorry for being so vague before.

I skimmed the UV section and if I read that right, it sounds like putting in a micron cartridge in my canister filter couldn't hurt. Think I'll do that today.

Just can't figure out this outbreak...tested my water ammon 0, nitrite 0, sg 1.025 but my nitrates are confusing me...one test (test tube method) tells me 0 and the other (quick dip stick method) is giving me a reading of 160 :huh: I did a 25% WC and added Amquel Plus just in case.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back