Marina Style 60 Question

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Royster

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I be just bought one of these kits and on the box and on a few sites it claims it's got everything you need to get started, light, filter, heater, lid.... So my question is where's the heater?

Is it built into the filter ( a Marina s15) ? Or is it just not there?

http://www.seapets.co.uk/products/aquarium-supplies/aquariums/fluval/elite-and-marina-fun-aquariums/marina-style-glass-aquarium-tropical-set-35-litre-and-cabinet-complete.html

Here's a link incase your not familiar

Thanks rhory

hey, i am also new to the forums, just joined yesterday. With regards to your question, i read the product description and it says that it comes with a heater. Unfortunately, i am not familiar with this tank, therefore i cant tell you where the heater is or what it looks like.

Sorry i cant help anymore. But if you ever have any questions, i will try to answer them!! :good:

I be just bought one of these kits and on the box and on a few sites it claims it's got everything you need to get started, light, filter, heater, lid.... So my question is where's the heater?

Is it built into the filter ( a Marina s15) ? Or is it just not there?

http://www.seapets.co.uk/products/aquarium-supplies/aquariums/fluval/elite-and-marina-fun-aquariums/marina-style-glass-aquarium-tropical-set-35-litre-and-cabinet-complete.html

Here's a link incase your not familiar

Thanks rhory
I just checked your link and it says heater is included. I also checked the marina s15 filter and there is no heater built in, so it seems that you have been short changed. Unless the heater is built in else where

Yep it definitely sounds like you have been screwed :blink:

It does happen though I had the same thing with one of my Juwel cabinets.

Give your suppler a call

Regards onebto

Hey there,

I bought one of these tanks a while back (60Ltr). Around 2 months or so. For a planted project i have going.

The heater is in the tank, When you open the box, There should be,

1box: Filter
1box: T8 Lightbulb
1box: Heater (Its in a white maybe 40cm long cardboard blank box)
1: Temperature gauge (Stick on)
1: Tub of Tropical Fish Flakes

Cycle treatment and water conditioner should be in there also.

Mine was defiantly there :good:

I think thats all that was in mine, off the top of my head, but i guess what im getting at it should be in the tank in the box :) Its 100% not in the filter.

Sorry to hear this.

Nope not there, I rang the shop and they are going to sort me out , I just need transport to the shop.... I hate not being able to drive! ( it's a long story)

They should be posting it! or bringing it too you. If you look on the side of the Marina box. It clearly says what it contains, and you should not have to go back too the shop to get something THEY took out.

Sorry but i just hate it when people or myself get messed about with things like this. :p

Hope it works out.

Ok problem sorted, I rang the shop in Bangor where I got my kit and asked could I go to the shop in Belfast as it's closer and easier for me, the guy on the phone was 100% and when I walked into the Belfast shop a brand new heater and food where waiting for me, I was only short the heater but to pay for it they used a gift card with £25 on it ( must be easier to transfer money via a gift card from shop to shop ), so £21.99 for the heater meant I had money left on this card so I treated myself to a magnet cleaner, net and backing. I couldn't recommend pets at home for there outstanding service, I'm really impressed by this, fair play to them for doing what they did to fix their problem.

Rhory

Woo! :) Glad to hear its all sorted :) Look forward to seeing this awesome tank setup :) What are you thinking of stocking it with?

photo.jpg

i wouldn't say it was awesome, it's my first setup so im open to suggestions.
i want something for the middle like some bog wood and maybe something like short grass for the front and towards to egdes

what do you think ?

I would say get lots more plants :) You put the heater in the same place as on mine aswell ;) i moved mine though too the lower side of the back behind my huge peice of bogwood now. Its a little more subtle then :) Get some black backing :)

What sort of look are you going for? either bogwood or some ornaments would o it

to be honest matb i've that many ideas going over and over in my head i'm not sure what to be at, i'm not keen on the heater there but i didn't like looking at it across the back,and i haven't seen any ornaments i like.....

stock wise to begin with i'm thinking

5 x harlequins
and maybe a suckerfish (or 2) to sweep the bottom

and building in time to

zebra danios x 3
guppies x 10
neons x 10
cherry barbs x 6

hope it'll not be too busy and i can cut back on the guppies/neons but with it begin only a 60l tank space it tight.start with this and learn what to do and in time i'll get another bigger tank and have bigger fish.....thats the plan anyway.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back