March "fish Of The Month" Run-Off Competition.

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Which fish should be crowned?

Votes: 18 48.6%

Votes: 4 10.8%

Votes: 15 40.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

eaglesaquarium

Life, Liberty & Pursuit of the perfect fish tank
Retired Moderator ⚒️
Reaction score
Voting will continue through Sunday night (April 14th) - just in time to start the April Competition.

oe6ah5v.jpg

8418226716_81b069a6c6_c.jpg

9ba34e1e-8645-45d9-88e8-64d36705bf79.jpg

Vote now. 7 days passes quickly.

The blue cichlid number #12 won by two or three votes, I've not seen one of these run-off competitions before but I think it's a bit unfair on Gidge if her fish has victory snatched away now! So even though I voted for one of the other two originally, I'm changing my vote to support the rightful winner. They're all great fish - good luck!

daizeUK said:
The blue cichlid number #12 won by two or three votes, I've not seen one of these run-off competitions before but I think it's a bit unfair on Gidge if her fish has victory snatched away now! So even though I voted for one of the other two originally, I'm changing my vote to support the rightful winner. They're all great fish - good luck!
 Thank you. Didn't really want to say anything and appear ungrateful. But oh well. Hopefully he pulls the votes again! 

Because of the few extra days, I recall that #4 was winning the entire time until the regular deadline surpassed and #12 caught up and surpassed it by just those few votes.

But I dont mind the extra competition, they're both beautiful fish. ;)

DreamertK said:
Because of the few extra days, I recall that #4 was winning the entire time until the regular deadline surpassed and #12 caught up and surpassed it by just those few votes.

But I dont mind the extra competition, they're both beautiful fish.
wink.png
Not meaning to start an argument, but by the time the voting was to be closed, I was one vote ahead. Just saying. 
Doesn't matter anyway! Time to vote again :)

I had explained the reasoning behind this vote in the original voting thread, but I will explain it again for folks who may have missed it.

Steve was called away due to things in real life, and couldn't end the voting at the proper time.  The entry thread was closed, because someone reported that it was open past the date, and other mods took notice of it.  The voting thread should have been reported to get the attention of the mods, but instead folks just complained in the forum... unless a mod comes over on their own, they wouldn't know about it.

I ventured over to see how the voting went, and noticed it should have ended, coincidentally, I was named a new mod the same day.  Having no way to verify where the vote stood at the appropriate end time, the fairest thing in my opinion was to have a run-off, and since the vote was a 3-way tie when I came to see it, I decided that the only truly fair way to decide this, was a run-off.   I also thought that a week would be more fair than a day or two.

So, that is why the unprecedented "run-off" competition.  Sorry folks, but its the best we can do in this situation.

daizeUK said:

I am going the same way for the same reason. The other fish are also great in their own rights.

Thanks for the explanation Eagle and apologies for any confusion I may have inadvertedly started. Again good luck to all entrants - they all deserve to win!

No worries Daize.  Its a fair question.  This is the first of its kind as far as I can tell, so its certainly worth mentioning.  I wasn't upset by the question, I was half expecting it. 

Honestly, I didn't have a way to verify the results on the proper end date and this seemed to be the fairest solution.  Any fish that doesn't win in this run-off is welcome to be re-entered to a future month.  April seems pretty stacked, so I'd probably wait a bit. 

Gidge said:

But I dont mind the extra competition, they're both beautiful fish.
wink.png
Not meaning to start an argument, but by the time the voting was to be closed, I was one vote ahead. Just saying. 
Doesn't matter anyway! Time to vote again
smile.png
I'm a little bit fuzzy on when it was supposed to end. :p But good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back