Marbled convict cichlids.

domino1804

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi there
Im planning on getting a Convict cichlid and started going some research and found that you can get marbled Convict cichlids(link below)
http://www.practicalfishkeeping.co.uk/pfk/...?article_id=139

And iv seen some people saying that they have them too.
Any ideas where i can get one Jeff Rapps was mentioned
i cant seem to get in contact with these people.
Posted in wrong section first of all but some mentioned my lfs should stock normal,pink and marbled.If i asked my lfs do you think they could order in this type for me if they dont stock it?
If anyone can be of any help id be so greatful
thnak you

Jeff Rapps owns Tangled Up in Cichlids and his email is listed on that site if you want to contact him to see if he has marbled/calico cons available. If he doesn't have them now, then it shouldn't be too difficult for him to get them.

As for your lfs, the only way to find out is to ask. I have several lfs around me in Central IN, USA that would be able and willing to order calico cons if I asked.

:)

you could also go to aquabid.com they always seem to pop up here and there I beleive that there is a pair for sale on there right now.

thanks for the reply guys but I live in the uk
Iv done some search and found a few possiblities.Just wait for a reply.Ill keep you updated

are you in the uk if you are where are you im in manchester and i have several shop round her that have marble cons pm if you are near me and ill tell you where :D

Oddball Express in Coalville originally brought them in from Jeff Rapps. The ones in the north could be descendants from pair I spawned last year, the fry went north..
Here's my current male...

fish8may05015.jpg

WOW hes gorgeous :hyper: Ok I definatly want one! :D
I know of a really good fish shop about 30min from me and my dad knows the guy who runs it.I think il go and see him and see if he can help me.
I live in the north east of england if anyone has any suggestions?
thanks guys

MY GOD.
I want to say how incredably helpful you guys are. :D
Hopefully il have my dream fish in about 3 weeks. :D
Devilsadvocate.I think il be ordering from that site and the postage they charge is good too.
I cant drive so Im willing to pay delivery because thats what I d probably give my mam or dad for taking me and delivery a lot less hassle
again thanks you guys :thumbs:

The males are nice, but it's the females that steal the show... :)

FemaleMC.jpg

There nice fish
Does anyone have any preference to which gender?Do they act differently?
I know females are meant to have more colour.Is this still the case with the marbled ones
Cant decided between a male or female?
Any ideas?
Thanks

Hi there again
I think Il be getting a male.I dont know why but I really like that head bump they get.
Any Iv ordered a new filter, light and background
Getting the sand and terracotta pots tomorrow and will probably get my plants mid next week
All going well Il order my fish the week after
Thanks everyone il update
vicky

i dont see why marbles cons are the big rave lately, i think they are ugly :(

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back