Marble Lancer Catfish

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

dave_oddballs

ray and oddball keeper !!
Reaction score
anyone know anything about these stunning cats? Getting a few of them shortly. Really nice looking just not much information about them available. They probably are the same as their black lancer cousins so i have a rough guide on size etc just wonder if any one knows much about them? Cheers, Dave

Dave are these Leiocassis poecilopterus? These are the only cats i know that are called marbled lancers but these only get to around 6"whereas your black Lancer gets to 12" ish

cat_poecilopterus.jpg

6" thats good, getting 8 so will probably have to sell some on when they grow, you know where any are for sale? So i can see how much they go for? Might see how they get on in a big group, seem an interesting fish. Will be with me next wednesday hopefully so will put pictures up in my thread in the members pictures section. Cheers davo. Dave

hi there,

I have a trio of these superb cat fish! i am on the look out for more to add to my collection! how did you get on with your purchase?

We had some marble cats at a store I worked at last winter. They came in mostly about 6-8 inches considered a large on the order form. We also got in 2 XL they were easily 10 inches inches. Beautiful! I think they still have a couple if you live in eastern Iowa. Unfortantly they did not have their scientific name listed. Good eaters and liked to share the same hideout.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back