Map Turtle

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
As above - sounds great! Good luck with the little fella!

(ps. Simon - your kohnii's look in lovely condition, how long have you had them?)

Are the florecent tubes always 1inch/25mm wide? The 2 i have at the moment i know are 1.5 inch wide as i still have the bulb box. I can't seem to find a 1.5 inch florecent uvb tube light. Need 2ft/24inch long.

That site listed above lists 1inch wide tubes

As above - sounds great! Good luck with the little fella!

(ps. Simon - your kohnii's look in lovely condition, how long have you had them?)

Sorry for the late reply to this, I've only just received the email notification of this post?!?! hmm....

I have had them both since September last year so. The largest of the 2 is a false map (scooby) and the smaller is a mississippi map (shaggy).
They grew so quick!!

Ah right - you can only really tell that the bottom one in your avatar is a miss., I just assumed the other one was too!

Mind you, having said that the one on top does seem to have white eyes, or am I imagining that? He might be a Ouachita...

How do i tell which maps i have? now they r coming up 2 1 year old and getting bigger (strong bites too,lol) how can i tell which is male and female? The shop said while babies they could not tell. I thought i remembered reading: females grow to 11", males grow to 7". males have longer claws and tails? but i still can't tell yet

How do i tell which maps i have? now they r coming up 2 1 year old and getting bigger (strong bites too,lol) how can i tell which is male and female? The shop said while babies they could not tell. I thought i remembered reading: females grow to 11", males grow to 7". males have longer claws and tails? but i still can't tell yet
Yes that's right, males have longer claws and tails. In adult males claws can be almost an inch long!Also if you look on the underside of th etail, the vent (hols) in femles is closer to the shell. But claws are the easiest way to tell them apart.I hve 3 Mississippi maps about year old. One is definitely a dominant male with long claws, one definitely female not sure about thr 3rd ut probbly a subordinate male.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back