Malowi Cichlids

.oOo.ClAiRe.oOo.

Reaction score
hello :good: im new to this forum and was just seeking advice on malowi cichlids i have just got a 80l orca mt50 tank and should be setting it up hopefully next week when the shop i orderd it from decided to deliver me the stand ! lol :/ whilst im waiting ive started to collect some dirty water out of my running tank to help get my new tank running. I know that malowi cichlids need a rocky environment so ive got some ornament rocks which are bigish and im planning on getting some live plants once i have water in the tank iv read that java fern is the best for cichlids because it doesnt taste too good. Il post a picture once the waters been running for a few days and any suggestions i would appreciate :) im planning on having 6 at most malowi cichlids and im not sure weither to have 1 or 2 plecos because i know they are usually okay with cichlids and are the only fish that are really ! But i thought maybe two would be best so they are together ? thank you !! :good:

hello :good: im new to this forum and was just seeking advice on malowi cichlids i have just got a 80l orca mt50 tank and should be setting it up hopefully next week when the shop i orderd it from decided to deliver me the stand ! lol :/ whilst im waiting ive started to collect some dirty water out of my running tank to help get my new tank running. I know that malowi cichlids need a rocky environment so ive got some ornament rocks which are bigish and im planning on getting some live plants once i have water in the tank iv read that java fern is the best for cichlids because it doesnt taste too good. Il post a picture once the waters been running for a few days and any suggestions i would appreciate :) im planning on having 6 at most malowi cichlids and im not sure weither to have 1 or 2 plecos because i know they are usually okay with cichlids and are the only fish that are really ! But i thought maybe two would be best so they are together ? thank you !! :good:
hey there!! :shout: well first malawi cichlids very beautiful fish good choice but you should put more than 6 as they are very aggresive and the more the better to reduce stress just dont crowed the tank to much!! they WILL dig up your plants bad choice for plants, :no: they may not eat them but they will dig them.!! :hey: malawi especially are diggers they dig everywhere. and for that size tank maybe 1 pleco is good as most malawi cichlid eat algea... you can also put so different cat fish in there too they are just fine there. :good: I also suggest you use crushed coral as a substrate perfect for a buffer and looks great ;) so hope that helps good luck :D

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back