Male Sunset Honey Gourami agrressive towards new female.

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Noidstradamus

Reaction score
Hello all,

I recently picked up a female Sunset Honey Gourami after reading honeys can be kept in pairs. The male I have now is probably about a year old. The female much younger. Since putting her in the tank, he often chases her if she comes too close to him. He is also aggressive during feeding and actively tries to keep her away from the food. My tank is a 20g high and currently stocked with 10 Neon tetras, the 2 honey Gouramis, and 3 otocinclus cats. The question: do I take her back to the store OR do I get 1 or 2 more females? Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you.

Hello all,

I recently picked up a female Sunset Honey Gourami after reading honeys can be kept in pairs. The male I have now is probably about a year old. The female much younger. Since putting her in the tank, he often chases her if she comes too close to him. He is also aggressive during feeding and actively tries to keep her away from the food. My tank is a 20g high and currently stocked with 10 Neon tetras, the 2 honey Gouramis, and 3 otocinclus cats. The question: do I take her back to the store OR do I get 1 or 2 more females? Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you.
i think the male is aggressive not worth it to get more females just return or give her her own tank, with a less aggressive male and another female

Please place pics of both fish.

You can't expect fish to form a pair in an instant.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back