Male Or Female Please Help

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Dan C

Reaction score
Hi been reading bout how females can actually be male and wanted to find out if mine were male or female as i have them all together

Attachments

• 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 36
  • 13.jpg
    13.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 37
  • DSC00106.JPG
    DSC00106.JPG
    31.2 KB · Views: 32
these posts are so annoying as I'm always wrong!!!

pic1 is questionable.... pelvic fins with white tip can mean a male. but colour is poor

pic 2 and 3 are both females I'm sure

i would say pic 1 is a male and i would say him being in the tank is the cause of the stress lines on the girl in pic 2 :)
seperate him into a seperate tank :)

the other 2 females :)

They all look fairly female to me though the first pic is slightly male-shaped... but more female than male-shaped I'd say.

Looks like you've got 3 girls there. But it'd be good to get another angle of the first girl/guy because they can look different from different angles, and that one really is the only questionable one.

I'd say all 3 are female, number 1 is questionable but I am still leaning towards female, if you can get a few more pics of this particular fish that will be great, particularly close up shots, is it just these 3 fish in the tank or are there others?

I think they all look female to me. The first one is questionable, But I am going with female. I don't think he is a plakat. A couple more pictures might be nice. Could you get one of him flaring?

if number 1 is a male and he flares the frill will go all round his little face, unlike the girls. i would say 1 is a very young male!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back