Video Male Molly pregnant?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Ellathomas

Reaction score
This molly was bought two or three weeks ago and I chose her because she was a girl. Then after a week or so I looked again and thought I must have been mistaken. I have since read that it is possible for the fish to be a 'late bloomer' or even to change gender. But now she/he looks pregnant or is he just very fat? Has anyone had a similar experience? Thanks

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    342.3 KB · Views: 647
That looks like a male to me.

I would also like to know if my molly is pregnant or just fat.
cfa253f35d5fb5722cef3da46757b8b0.jpg

You can assume that all female livebearers are pregnant, all the time.

I would agree that it looks male

Sent from my HTC Desire 626 using Tapatalk

The black molly is a male and a very pretty and healthy looking one. And yes it is well fed, but imho just right.

I just recently got molly and it seems one is already pregnant. Should I get another tank to keep the fry in? Or can I leave them in a breeding box I heard of someone doing that? If I leave them in the normal tank they'll get eaten right? ( it has angels, tetras, platy and molly) This is her, she is pregnant right?
IMG_7762.JPG

the black molly appears to be A male the fish May Be Constipated have you been feeding him bloodworms or any other live foods

( it has angels, tetras, platy and molly)
Hate to say it but it looks like you have stocking issues.
Can you please tell us about your water? Is it soft or hard? Mollies really do best in hard water.

I Have A Weird Situation.. I Have 4 Mollies.. 2 Male 2 Female.. All Of My Mollies Are Sitting At The Bottom Together.. I Saw One Female Molly It Had 2 Yellow Dots At Its Belly.. What Could It Be?

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back