Male Guppy's Tail Ripped off

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Aynia

Reaction score
So we noticed the day before last that 75% of one of our male guppy's tail is just... gone. It looks maybe like it got caught on something and ripped? I would think there's no way it was our other fish (4 female guppies, 2 males, ~25 fry, 3 yoyo's and 3 bn plecos), because their mouths are too small. They'd have to be ripping at his tail repeatedly over time, and I always watch them very closely for fin nipping. Especially with our yoyo's as we only have 3 atm (just got a new quarantine tank so a few more in a couple weeks to give them a good group) I was worried about aggression but they all play and get along fine.

Is there anything we can do to help speed the healing and help him grow his tail back faster? We've been adding in SeaChem Stress Guard to maybe give him a boost, but other than that we aren't sure what we can do.

Thanks!

Aynia

For now, just more water changes than usual and make sure you clean the bottom of the tank each time - and if you have gravel, clean that during a water change. Often this is all it needs. But keep an on the guppy and if it starts to look bad, then treat it. Our American members will know what's available.

Most reactions

trending

Back