Male Guppies And Glass Fish

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

paw-paw

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
HI!

I while back I asked what I could put in with female guppies, now I have a question again.

I have a 220 l tank with male guppies and nothing else yet. I really like glass fish (Kryptopterus minor). Could they be kept with my guppies?
Would they take normal food along with daphnia, artemia and bloodworms (jelly, dry...)? How many shpuld I take. There is only one left in the store currently and I feel so sorry for him...

THX!

Glass catfish (glassfish are a completely different kind of fish) get along fine with fancy guppies. The only problem will be that the glass catfish will eat any fry you get, but if that isn't a problem, then by all means mix them.

Glass catfish do tend to be tricky to feed, at least compared with tetras or whatever. But given you're using a nice mix of foods, this shouldn't really be an issue. Make sure you get a bunch of glass catfish: they do not do well kept alone or in too-small a group. Half a dozen is the minimum, really.

Cheers, Neale

THX!

Well they will be kept with males cause I seperated the females because I have too much fry already...So I will only put a male in the female tank when I will want to have guppets...

I was thinking about getting that one (that is now alone in the store) and than go to another store and buy 5 or 6 more.
So, good that feeding wouldn't be a problem, I am already feeding my guppies different food so they are nice colored and healthy ;)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back