Male Betta Not Making Bubble Nest - Breeding first time

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

JAMMYLEYLO

Reaction score
Hello,
As of today i have given breeding my male and female betta fish. My female is in a tank with my male an she is inside a jar, at first she had the stripes that mean she is scared and now she has the breeding stripes.
My water parameters are all ok, temperature is at the correct level and there are even plants floating at the surface however my male still isnt building a bubble nest. They have been in the same tank 1 hour and a half and i dont know wether to release the female without the male's bubble nest.

Hi! I've only recently begun learning about this so I may be wrong/misinformed. I did some minor research and found a site that said that optimal breeding is while bettas are young, between 4-12 with a maximum of 14 months. There may be other concerns like water quality and environment though. Is it okay if we see a picture of your breeding tank, as well as your water conditions? (Ammonia, nitrates, nitrites, gH, temperature)

Hi! I've only recently begun learning about this so I may be wrong/misinformed. I did some minor research and found a site that said that optimal breeding is while bettas are young, between 4-12 with a maximum of 14 months. There may be other concerns like water quality and environment though. Is it okay if we see a picture of your breeding tank, as well as your water conditions? (Ammonia, nitrates, nitrites, gH, temperature)
Hello,
Im just doing the pictures now but the ammonia is 0 ph is around 7.2/7.3 the temperature is 76f the nitrite is 0

It wont let me atatch a photo however the tank is a nexus pure 15, with a rock in the middle with some plants, part of plastic cup and small peice of bubble wrap floating at the top

Also, he blows around 2 bubbles but then they pop, can i blow bubbles with a straw or something as a bubble nest? Or is a bubble nest vital?

Ok, keep us posted.

(Note: Try not to get freeze dried food.)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back