FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
They both would have been perfectly fine on their own... We live and learn! Speaking of learning, these forums are where you can find trusted and correct information from people who have been keeping fish for most of their lives and will have more experience combined than any article on the Web or fish shop

They both would have been perfectly fine on their own... We live and learn! Speaking of learning, these forums are where you can find trusted and correct information from people who have been keeping fish for most of their lives and will have more experience combined than any article on the Web or fish shop
I'll definitely keep that in mind in future. I don't want this to be my last tank, even though I know I messed up a lot.

Thank you!!

I've read different things from different people - is it okay to keep him in a bowl? I would want to give him the angora thing that I mentioned in the original post but I don't think it'd fit in even the biggest bowl we have.
How big was the bowl he came him? Even just a 1 gallon would work temporarily. There are gonna be a lot of people saying 1 gallon is too small, but for RIGHT NOW, with your situation, a bowl is just what you need. My 3 sisters and my mom keep their bettas in bowls, and while it is cramped it is alright temporarily if you keep up on water quality! What is an angora? Just curious, where are you located? This information can help us give you some good options for rehoming the fish!

I thought that females couldn't be alone, which was why I wanted to get the others. Would it have been better to just have separated the two original fish? Would she have been happy on her own?
Female bettas CAN live together, and they CAN live alone. There is a lot of misinformation out, but you are doing great!

I can't give them to anyone else for the reasons I mentioned above. One of the tanks I saw is like, really cheap but big enough for the male, should I just try and get that one? I don't know where I'd put it though.
Are you able to find a local fish store that can take either the male or the 5 females? If not, if your parents will let you get the tank I’d say go for it!

If it makes you feel any better, my first betta lived her whole life in a 2 gallon bowl. We all have to start out this hobby somewhere, and we have the opportunity to learn as we make mistakes, correct those mistakes, and try new things!

Dividing the tank is a good option too!

I'll definitely keep that in mind in future. I don't want this to be my last tank, even though I know I messed up a lot.
We all mess up in the beginning and no one is perfect... Its a journey and we don't stop learning so don't be too hard on yourself

How big was the bowl he came him? Even just a 1 gallon would work temporarily. There are gonna be a lot of people saying 1 gallon is too small, but for RIGHT NOW, with your situation, a bowl is just what you need. My 3 sisters and my mom keep their bettas in bowls, and while it is cramped it is alright temporarily if you keep up on water quality! What is an angora? Just curious, where are you located? This information can help us give you some good options for rehoming the fish!

Less than 1 gallon, but I have a larger one that is 1 gallon. The angora is just one of those little things that the fish can swim through and he seems to really like it, so I wanted him to stay with it. Maybe that's stupid though. I mean, the main thing is that all of the fish are safe from each other.

I'm in Kuwait.

Female bettas CAN live together, and they CAN live alone. There is a lot of misinformation out, but you are doing great!

Thank you, but I really should have spoken to experienced people directly before doing anything.

Are you able to find a local fish store that can take either the male or the 5 females? If not, if your parents will let you get the tank I’d say go for it!

I don't think any of the stores would. It's only 6kwd, and I know I'll get more than that for Eid, so maybe I could just keep him in the bowl until I get that money and then order the tank? It's only 6 days away.

If it makes you feel any better, my first betta lived her whole life in a 2 gallon bowl. We all have to start out this hobby somewhere, and we have the opportunity to learn as we make mistakes, correct those mistakes, and try new things!

Yeah, that does make me feel better. Thank you :)

Less than 1 gallon, but I have a larger one that is 1 gallon. The angora is just one of those little things that the fish can swim through and he seems to really like it, so I wanted him to stay with it. Maybe that's stupid though. I mean, the main thing is that all of the fish are safe from each other.
Ohhhh ok. If you can’t take the angora with him, that’s ok. It is more important that the fish are safe from eachother
I don't think any of the stores would. It's only 6kwd, and I know I'll get more than that for Eid, so maybe I could just keep him in the bowl until I get that money and then order the tank? It's only 6 days away.
ohhh ok. Yeah he will be fine in a 1 gallon bowl for a week or two!

Yeah, that does make me feel better. Thank you :)
Happy I could help!

I'm so dumb, it's actually called an amphora! Thank you for all of your help, I should be able to afford everything I need for the other tank after Eid, so I'll just have to wait until then I guess.

If underwater rabbits existed we would be doomed ??
We have a litter of rabbits right now, and they THINK they should be underwater rabbits! They jump in their water dish and roll around, then come up sneezing. It is hilarious, looks like they’re trying to swim!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back