Malaysian Trumpet Snail Poo?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

heleneren

Reaction score
i have just cycled a new tank ready for my new betta and added some wood (not sure what wood but pet shop owner said it was for aquariums) i soaked the wood for 2 days and scrubbed it as advised before adding it to the tank and added 5 MT SNAILS.. about an hour later i found what looks like fly eggs? not sure what it is, ive done some research and found out the snails are live bearing so it cant be mts eggs but im worried what it could be.. all my other tanks have white gravel so ive not noticed anything like that in them but it may be there? does anyone know what it is? also im new here so dont know how to add a picture but i do have 1 if anyone wants me to email it??

i have just cycled a new tank ready for my new betta and added some wood (not sure what wood but pet shop owner said it was for aquariums) i soaked the wood for 2 days and scrubbed it as advised before adding it to the tank and added 5 MT SNAILS.. about an hour later i found what looks like fly eggs? not sure what it is, ive done some research and found out the snails are live bearing so it cant be mts eggs but im worried what it could be.. all my other tanks have white gravel so ive not noticed anything like that in them but it may be there? does anyone know what it is? also im new here so dont know how to add a picture but i do have 1 if anyone wants me to email it??

its not mts, i have some and havent seen anything like you discribe must be a creature from inside the wood maybe, or something flown in and landed in your tank, :look: di

do you have sand substrate? could be grains of sand shoved around/pooed out by the snails.
cheers

do you have sand substrate? could be grains of sand shoved around/pooed out by the snails.
cheers

i have gravel.. bright red thats why i have just seen it in this tank as the others have white

CdNUA.jpg
tried to put pic on but im not the brightest bulb in the box so hope it works????????

http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=TsOjSl0

hope this is better pic?????

Hi ya helen,
Hopefully someone on here can help you.
Have you felt one to see if they feel like a egg or if it moves?
In the picture they look like long grain rice.
I would boil the wood for a few hours just to make sure its not eggs.

Hi ya helen,
Hopefully someone on here can help you.
Have you felt one to see if they feel like a egg or if it moves?
In the picture they look like long grain rice.
I would boil the wood for a few hours just to make sure its not eggs.

yes!! its like rice but more like basmati than long grain :) haha ..theyre smaller than rice and too small to pick up, about a quarter of the size of a grain? ive boiled the wood now and cleaned the gravel to be sure but still curious, thanks for your help earlier by the way

Did you ever find out what those fly egg looking things were? I have the same thing. I got a few MTS a couple days ago (they were hidden in a java moss clump I bought) and the MTS seem to leave a trail of those things. Is it poo? I'm afraid they might be parasites of some sort! :no:

Most reactions

Back