Making a black brazilian tarantula enclosure

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Blackwater guru

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
In a not too distant time I will get my first apartment (I turned 20 today as well)

I already have a 145 l fish tank at my parent's house that is absolutely thriving and I will have to move it to my new apartment eventually.

I recently became interested in reading about other animals that are not aquarium fish and how to care for them and those are spiders such as tarantulas this is because I am very interested in reading about the environments of tropical rain forests such as the Amazon rainforest or the Congo rain forests.

I was thinking of keeping black Brazilian tarantulas as to stick to my motto with my fish which is to emulate the native environments of the species.

I know where to find cheap used 10-20 gallon fish tanks(45-95 l tanks)
and I already receive money each month from studying so I should be able to buy the things I need besides the tank such as equipment and I know of a website that sells all kind of animals and insects as well.

In terms of a substrate I was thinking of using a natural substrate with pieces of wood that won't hurt the spider yet still look beautiful.

In my current fish tank I use a wild caught piece of oak driftwood that was safely treated before hand. So I could use a hollow piece of wood for the spider to hide in.

I am still researching about tarantula care at the moment so any advice would be appreciated.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back