Major Emergency - Panic!

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Akasha72

Warning - Mad Cory Woman
Reaction score
hi,

I've been changing my substrate for sand today. I've got all the sand and the plants back in but then I noticed my glass thermometer had is bottom missing

Either somewhere in 2 buckets of old substrate is a glass end off the thermometer or it's still in the tank amongst the new sand

Currently the water is really cloudy so I can't see much and the fish are still in a storage box.

I don't know what to do HELP!!!

Wait for water to clear, see if you can see it.

If you can't, pour the gravel out into another container and see if you can see it.

If you still can't then remember to be careful when you move things around in the sand.

I've hand my hands in and around the area where it sits and there's nothing there. I was prepared to cut myself and need stitches if it saved my fish getting any cuts.

When I think about it I did scrub the glass and it was really green behind the thermometer - I'm guessing it smashed against the glass when I was doing that

If so, it's in one of the buckets somewhere. I'll be cleaning them out tomorrow so I'll have to remember.

The fish have had to go back in the tank now - I couldn't leave them in the storage box any longer

I'm still really worried there's broken glass in the tank but I guess I've done all that I can to find it

Thanks Rob :)

This has happened to me, the thermometer end just shattered, if that's the case with you the pieces will be super tiny. Sand is just small glass pieces in some cases.

Hope it's small not sharp pieces

it looked like it had shattered yes but there was also some of the black beads missing from inside. Now they'd be easy to see against sand - or so you'd think and I can't see any at all despite really stirring it up before putting the fish in trying to find it.

I've calmed down now and I'm back to thinking straight - I'm pretty sure it'll be in the buckets somewhere.

Sorry about the panicked message. I was at the end of my tether with the change over and then that ... I couldn't think straight.

hehe No worries. Everytime someone posts a crazy post like that, it makes me feel more sane. :fun:

edit: fingers were faster then my brain.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back