Maintaining temp for sea monkeys?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

BruceWayne

Reaction score
Hello, I'm eager to start a sea monkey project as an introduction to aquarium life :) However, I read that they require a water temp of 75-80 deg, but my cold Chicago house is closer to 68 indoors. I'm trying to figure out how to keep a very small (1/2g) glass container warmer. Products like coffee mug warmers have auto-shut-off features that I can't disable, and conventional tank heaters are too big for my container. Any suggestions?? Thanks

They make several tiny heaters for 1/2 gallon or larger, but they are normally not programable

Don't use tiny heaters because they are unreliable. Anything less than a 100 watt aquarium heater will cause problems.

Put the small tank on a larger aquarium or in a plastic storage container half full of water. Have a 100 watt heater in the plastic storage container. Better yet, just grow the brineshrimp in a decent sized plastic storage container.

Out of curiosity, why do you want to grow brineshrimp?

This may seem foolish, but I have been short on cash lately...so purchasing another tank heater was out of the question!

I have a small space heater on faced in the direction of one of my tanks. The glass does not heat up, but the general area stays warm and so does the tank water!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back