Magnetic Strip

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

mark4785

Fish Herder
Reaction score
Are there any aquarium magnet strips on the market that can be safely used in the aquarium?

One strip would need to be inside and the other outside. Between the 2 would be 30mm glass and a sheet of cotton that the two magnets need to be strong enough to hold in place.

I managed to find this product but it doesn't say if it is aquarium-safe or strong enough to attract between 30mm glass: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/271725174442

Last edited:
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
The link has an adhesive backing that I would be leary of.

I'm intrigued. What's the purpose of the magnets and cotton?

*And 30mm glass??

There are magnetic tank cleaners, but I have never seen one that would be strong enough to work on 30mm glass. How big is your tank with a 30mm piece of glass?

If you want a magnet strong enough to hold through a 30mm glass, would it need to be adhesive? Or vise versa, if glued would you need it to hold through the glass?

I have magnets purchased online that would definitely hold through 30mm. They pull towards each other across the floor from 3' away, but would be quite unsightly in an aquarium.

There are magnetic tank cleaners, but I have never seen one that would be strong enough to work on 30mm glass. How big is your tank with a 30mm piece of glass?
Total guess here, but I wonder if OP is going to use this to wipe the sides of the tank? Slide the magnet on the outside of the tank to move the magnet and cotton sheet on the inside?
I've never seen a magnetic cleaner so I'm having trouble picturing it. But I do like learning about different equipment!

Total guess here, but I wonder if OP is going to use this to wipe the sides of the tank? Slide the magnet on the outside of the tank to move the magnet and cotton sheet on the inside?
I've never seen a magnetic cleaner so I'm having trouble picturing it. But I do like learning about different equipment!

So exactly what I was thinking, just slightly more polished than what was in my head 😂.

Still interested in a tank that's 3cm thick. Have a feeling OP is going to reply with a size that's gonna give me some serious tank envy!
These work really well. You can get ones for glass or Acrylic tanks. I always have one on my tanks just to polish the front glass.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back