Lyretail Pregnant Guppy

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

-Chewy-

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Hi y'all. This is a picture of a lyretail pregnant guppy. If possible, can someone tell me how far along she is?? And pls comment on it too!

Thanks y'all!
-Chewy-

Attachments

• Pregnant_Lyretail_Guppy__Small_.jpg
    Pregnant_Lyretail_Guppy__Small_.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 134
This is an amano shrimp. Just posted this guy for fun! ;) And does anyone know what's the difference between an Amano Shrimp and a Ghost Shrimp?? :dunno:

Attachments

• Amano_Shrimp_2.jpg
    Amano_Shrimp_2.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 73
i dont see the lyretail on the female... she looks normal to me... the male in the background is a double sword tho ... nice amano shrimp lol... :D

So it's not a lyretail?? I thought a lyretail is the one in the background?? If you look closer, the female's tail is like the male in the background, only smaller and less colorful....
So what is a lyretail?? Isn't a lyretail the same as a double sword?? :S

the gup in the back is lyratail
but the other is normal bland female mate

I personally wouldn't call the female baland it looks quite pretty really and it defintly the correct female for that male as they are both familar. :D :thumbs: don't see the sowrds on the female though :D

I see why you'd say it was a lyretail, because of it's colours only on the bottom and top of the tail, I have one with a similar issue... though I've never seen a female lyretail I cannot say if they are or are not... as for your guppy's pregnancy, if it's her first time she looks pretty far along. I recently had a female guppy that wasn'teven all that fat, which had 20 babies (all of which lived) it's tough to tell on the younger ones, but after they've had a few sets of fry you'll be able to tell right away, their stomack looks huge and baloon like, like they're gonna pop!

Here's a picture of my female that has the same kind of tail as yours (I named her "BabyMaker" with high hopes for her producing many offspring, as guppies do... her first batch, about a week ago were all still born [or something cause they all looked like little yellow eggs... maybe just undeveloped] I knew it, I jinxed it!)

Attachments

• BM.jpg
    BM.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 81

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back