Luke's Rio 180 Reef

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Ah ha, that would explain why he is not out and about then :good: what crab do you think you have then, it's not going to grow up to be a mean :devil: is it?

Seffie x

Ah ha, that would explain why he is not out and about then :good: what crab do you think you have then, it's not going to grow up to be a mean :devil: is it?

Seffie x

Well people said it is a mithrax and should be alright.

Apparently my parents say that my flasher wrasse has died not sure though. Would be down to stress though although I've got both my clowns isolated.

Clowns don't usually bother other fish (unless they are more than two clowns) unless they are breeding, are they breeding?

Seffie x

I don't think so barely mature yet are they?

how big are they?

Seffie x

Like 1-2" not sure really. Anyway the female and male were released today the female immediately started attacking the male and making him hide and ripping his fins so the female is now back in prison. Gonna give it one more go before I get rid of her to be honest.

it's really strange, I am wondering if they might both be female :crazy: think I would do as you suggested, take the one doing all the attacking back to the lfs and then buy a very small juvie :good:

Seffie x

it's really strange, I am wondering if they might both be female :crazy: think I would do as you suggested, take the one doing all the attacking back to the lfs and then buy a very small juvie :good:

Seffie x

Well I bought them very small juvenile and to be honest they haven't grown that much. Anyway what I don't understand is that before I caged (separately) them up it was fine.

Well I bought them very small juvenile and to be honest they haven't grown that much. Anyway what I don't understand is that before I caged (separately) them up it was fine.

you may have hit the problem on the head, so to speak - you have seperated them and they are both turning into females eeeekkk, take the most aggressive one back and buy a wee small juvie to replace her

Seffie x

you may have hit the problem on the head, so to speak - you have seperated them and they are both turning into females eeeekkk, take the most aggressive one back and buy a wee small juvie to replace her

Seffie x

So it would have turned female in the same tank with just the separation of clear plastic?!

Anyway let the biggun out today and the little one still gets chased don't think its quite as bad. To be honest I think I may take both back and then buy another fish and then buy some more clarkii clowns so that they are last into the tank.

BTW thinking of a Sixline Wrasse as a new fish as it will stick up for itself.

New pictures unfortunately I couldn't get good shots of the fluorescence and colour isn't 100% accurate

List of corals:
Acan
Lobo
Zoas
GSP
Toadstool
Red Mushroom

SN850685.jpg

SN850686.jpg

SN850687.jpg

SN850688.jpg

SN850689.jpg

SN850690.jpg

SN850691.jpg

SN850692.jpg

SN850693.jpg

SN850694.jpg

SN850695.jpg

SN850696.jpg

SN850697.jpg

SN850698.jpg

SN850699.jpg

SN850700.jpg

SN850701.jpg

SN850702.jpg

Corals going to be moved around at the weekend.

Looking good Luke - can you add your zoa pictures to the coral of the week thread, pleeese

Seffie x

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back