Lowest light plants?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to vote! šŸ†

Even if thatā€™s where some naturally live, it is still not a good idea to release any into the wild ever. They could carry diseases or stuff that the wild population of snails is not able to fight off. Or the pet snails could get a disease from
The wild ones that they as pets who lives in a glass box their whole lives couldnā€™t fight off, along with many other issues. Releasing pets into the wild is very very very looked down upon.
ok, i dont know what ill do if i get overrun then...I dont want to kill them or throw them out because thats just horrible. Ill come up with something

Breeding nerites only ever happens at home by accident and dumb luck from what I understand. The have precise and changing requirements of both salinity and feeding that would need a separate tank unless you want to see how well freshwater fish survive in what is essentially a marine tank.

One of the main problems with breeding nerites is feeding the larvae. They need microscopic algae - green water.

One of the main problems with breeding nerites is feeding the larvae. They need microscopic algae - green water.
can't you culture that?
fishy smoothie!

Part of the trouble raising nerite larvae is that there is little research on what exactly they eat or how often they should be fed, or even just left to grow in water rich in micro algae.

Part of the trouble raising nerite larvae is that there is little research on what exactly they eat or how often they should be fed, or even just left to grow in water rich in micro algae.
that is a bummer i would really like more nerites for free

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back